CJohn

The Purge: Election Year | July 1, 2016

As a movie it looks good, but the "including murder" in the announcement is too in your face.

What disgusts me about this series (concept) is, say there actually was a Purge, think about how many people would actually willingly take part.

Just now, DAJK said:

As a movie it looks good, but the "including murder" in the announcement is too in your face.

What disgusts me about this series (concept) is, say there actually was a Purge, think about how many people would actually willingly take part.

Very few. The idea that when unsupervised, we all turn into murderers and rapists is utter nonsense and not supported by any historical evidence.

Just now, Total Treecall said:

Very few. The idea that when unsupervised, we all turn into murderers and rapists is utter nonsense and not supported by any historical evidence.

No of course, but just the fact that there are even a few people out there sickens me. The good WAYYYY outnumber the bad, but I still think about it :(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

You seen the other Purge movies? Neither is great, but the second one is actually quite interesting.

First you can skip though :P

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

You seen the other Purge movies? Neither is great, but the second one is actually quite interesting.

First you can skip though :P

The marketing campaign's for then first didn't really catch my interest. This one seems to be keeping up the trend. They feel like something that will show up on FX in not too long though so maybe give it a try there

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, water said:

looks good but question. why is the trailer bombing HARD..

purge didn't come out last year, and promotion for the 3rd one literally didnt start until this trailer dropped. people have forgot about it, and nobody even knows its coming out in 5 months. now unless they pull some last minute epic ass promo like MJ1 (their promo didnt start till july but since then its been like everywhere until the release), i don't see this with a grand opening

Looks ok. Grillo is back, that's a plus.  But felt like Anarchy was this idea done best.  Granted yes, you have to just buy into the ridiculous concept first to enjoy this...if you can't, just...watch something else.  But if you can ...Anarchy is aces.  This seems to be delving deeper into the lore and honestly...not as interesting.  We'll see though.  Really dug Anarchy though.

Fuck man, if that is the main blonde actress at the end then they totally gave away the movie in a trailer again. I don't care if it's BvS, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, etc...I really hate when they do that. It takes away all the suspense because now we know where it's headed before even watching it. Less is more...like damn, why can't studios understand that.

I liked the trailer but the original and sequel had good trailers too. The original was a huge letdown and the sequel was just kinda eh but superior...

Speaking as a horror fan who does watch most of these movies, I wish the studios put as much effort into the actual movie that they do into the trailer. The latest example: The Forest. Awesome trailer....awful movie.  

• Like 1