Ash Skywalker

Disney's Dumbo | March 29, 2019 | Tim Burton | Reviews coming in

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think this film will do 375-450mil worldwide. Don't see it breaking out. 

We still doesn't have a huge family film this year, so this will help Dumbo.

All the promotional marketing is being so well received, it doesn't have so much competition and the character is big overseas.

I think the movie just need to be good [i think it will] and the movie will succeed... i don't see a big breakout too, but Cinderella numbers seems reasonable to me.

On 3/2/2019 at 1:03 PM, ThomasNicole said:

We still doesn't have a huge family film this year, so this will help Dumbo.

All the promotional marketing is being so well received, it doesn't have so much competition and the character is big overseas.

I think the movie just need to be good [i think it will] and the movie will succeed... i don't see a big breakout too, but Cinderella numbers seems reasonable to me.

I mean Dragon 3 is gunning for $180M-$190M DOM, but I do agree in theory, I have Dumbo slightly more, around $200M-$220M. Should benefit from no big PG family film until Pikachu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tim Burton's family pic Dumbo is tracking to lift off with $50 million-$60 million in its domestic box office launch, according to the major services.

Disney's live-action version of the 1941 animated classic hits theaters on March 29 in the U.S., as well as in China. The studio has three weeks left to make its final marketing blitz.

Michael Keaton, Eva Green, Colin Farrell and Danny DeVito play the parts of V. A. Vandevere, Colette Marchant, Holt Farrier and Max Medici, respectively. Dumbo himself will be rendered in CG.

Ehren Kruger (Ghost in the Shell, Transformers: Age of Extinction) penned the screenplay.

The story follows the beloved Dumbo, an elephant with large ears, as he revives a struggling circus. The circus, though, has plans for exploiting the animal, and he soon must strike out on his own.

THR seems to know something...

• Like 1

World premiere is on Monday. Hopefully we get some reactions.

That five minutes that Disney have been parading around have leaked online. Picked up Elfman's Dumbo theme right away. The music soared in a way I haven't heard from him since the flying scenes in Spider-Man.

22 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

World premiere is on Monday. Hopefully we get some reactions.

That five minutes that Disney have been parading around have leaked online. Picked up Elfman's Dumbo theme right away. The music soared in a way I haven't heard from him since the flying scenes in Spider-Man.

where's this scene? could you PM me?