Ash Skywalker

Disney's Dumbo | March 29, 2019 | Tim Burton | Reviews coming in

This is the only Disney remake I am looking forward to.

Burton (who seems to be in good shape again), the always wonderful Eva Green, Farrell, DeVito, dat visuals and some childhood memories. Take my money Disney, at least one time this year.

I am just not sure if I can handle this movie. I can watch the the most severe, bloody, gory, spooky horror movies without batting an eye...but seeing little Dumbo screaming for his mama. Too much. I'll cry. I'm sure. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I wish they had reimagined the stork scene where he delivers babies to the animal parents. That was one of my favorite scenes. I don’t even need the stork to talk. I feel that going in a too realistic direction about a flying elephant isn’t the best road to take. 

I mean, the elephant still flies. I don't really think they're going for realism, no matter what some interviews may potentially say.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

They are showing Dumbo in the biggest auditorium in town (650 capacity) and presales started a week ago, that's unusual for family films, industry has pretty high expectations i think (i'm from Uruguay). Hope it delivers as the reactions are anticipating.

• Thanks 1

I can confirm that Disney Spain seems very confident in this. They have spent more on localisation and marketing than they usually do for their family releases (which is usually very little, Illumination otoh spends loads).

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.boxofficepro.com/trailer-impact-3-21-19/

Dumbo / Disney / Friday, March 29

• 40.6% of moviegoers (158 respondents) saw and recalled the trailer this week.
  • That’s down a bit from a 42.7% peak last week.
  • It spends its second week at #1 on the recall metric.
  • It also spends its 11th consecutive week — all but one of its tracking weeks — in the recall metric’s top three.

• Like 1