Ash Skywalker

Disney's Dumbo | March 29, 2019 | Tim Burton | Reviews coming in

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I don’t think them making live action remakes is wrong. I think them releasing so many live action remakes so close together is wrong. Especially when thus far their live action remakes have been mediocre (except for Jungle Book imo) whereas the original content that they’ve released is so much better quality wise. 

Is it really on their live action department side ?

I think people talking about pacing it to maximum 2 year have a point, there is a limited amount they can make anyway.

That said a bit like the 3D remake release being a giant business between 2010 to 2013 to now completely death, there is also a very big argument that this is very big now, but could be a short window fad too and better cash in it as quick has you can.

7 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Didn't Mummy 2017 cost like 120 million?

Rumors went to low 100 to significantly over 200 I think.

https://www.filmla.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/2017_film_study_v3-WEB.pdf

They have it at 195m estimated on that (not that particularly know but tend to get the best you can get type of numbers), 172M in the UK rest in Namibia/US.

Missed the Big Fish talk but it's my all-time favourite Burton, one of my favourite movies ever. Upon my most recent re-watch I noticed the "courtship" stuff really hasn't aged well (but the shot of MacGregor in the daffodils is beautiful) but I do like the love story as a whole (the war stuff, going missing in Korea, his wife being told he was dead etc. is similar to my grandfather's story so I like it).

Last half our is incredible. Thought Crudup did a good job in the emotional scenes, even if his arc as a whole was the weaker portion of the film. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goffe said:

I like Burton, even his failures are more stimulating than the products that are dominating the blockbuster scene right now (except of Big Eyes and Miss Peregrine, those are lame as hell)... But it does feel like Burton checked out from storytelling and stayed just for the stunning & weird imagery that he likes to come up with. Feels that way since the Apes movie, but this decade it got progressively worse. 

Burton has always been a terrible storyteller. 

I actually sorta liked Peregrine, thought it was really fun. But not enough to make we watch it again after theatres.

I never understood the hate on Alice. Yea, it's not that good, but it's no worse IMO that Maleficent which doesn't get quite as much hate. It's also way better than Through the Looking Glass. Still, it's quite dull, which sucks to say about a Burton movie.