Ash Skywalker

Disney's Dumbo | March 29, 2019 | Tim Burton | Reviews coming in

4 hours ago, Nova said:

Unpopular opinion but maybe Disney should focus more on releasing original content than doing these obvious money grab remakes. 

Ya know the kind of content that made Disney what it is today ie the animations that they’re remaking because they were classics. The kind of content like Toy Story, Wreck it Ralph, Frozen and Moana. All made huge bucks and yet were great because they were somewhat original stories (I know Frozen is based off of The Snow Queen). Disney obviously has the talent to create these fresh and new stories. And if there’s any studio who can get audiences into theaters based on name it’s Disney. 

:hahaha:

Oh you re actually serious ?

:apocalypse:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nova said:

Unpopular opinion but maybe Disney should focus more on releasing original content than doing these obvious money grab remakes. 

Ya know the kind of content that made Disney what it is today ie the animations that they’re remaking because they were classics. The kind of content like Toy Story, Wreck it Ralph, Frozen and Moana. All made huge bucks and yet were great because they were somewhat original stories (I know Frozen is based off of The Snow Queen). Disney obviously has the talent to create these fresh and new stories. And if there’s any studio who can get audiences into theaters based on name it’s Disney. 

The Nutcracker and The Four Realms, The BFG, Tomorrowland and The Lone Ranger don't ring any bells?

14 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

The Nutcracker and The Four Realms, The BFG, Tomorrowland and The Lone Ranger don't ring any bells?

Every studio has movies that don’t perform well. I didn’t say every Disney movie does well. I said Disney has the ability to get folks into theaters for their original content better than any other studio. So whats your point? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

All of those were either mediocre or bad movies. It's not enough to make an original movie, it actually has to be good, but it seems Disney still has problems comprehending that. Also, The Nutcracker should've been an animated feature.

I told you that this embargoes are up to no good, lol.

HOWEVER, the Shay hates the stinking morally corrupt critics so much now (Alita was the final deadly blow, that will NEVER be forgiven) that I react not just independently of what they say - but flat out controversially.

Till now Dumbo was expected to be the umpteenth prepaid Disney 90%+ RT shill-work - so I was disgusted by the very thought about it. Now that we see that is not the case, I am genuinely interested, wish the movie does all well, and expect it to be good - and can't wait to see it. :) The critics will die. Lack of integrity (be it because of hubris, ego, stupidity, corruptness or all in one) kills you faster than anything else.

• Knock It Off 1

40 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

I told you that this embargoes are up to no good, lol.

HOWEVER, the Shay hates the stinking morally corrupt critics so much now (Alita was the final deadly blow, that will NEVER be forgiven) that I react not just independently of what they say - but flat out controversially.

Till now Dumbo was expected to be the umpteenth prepaid Disney 90%+ RT shill-work - so I was disgusted by the very thought about it. Now that we see that is not the case, I am genuinely interested, wish the movie does all well, and expect it to be good - and can't wait to see it. :) The critics will die. Lack of integrity (be it because of hubris, ego, stupidity, corruptness or all in one) kills you faster than anything else.

This is like the sixth time I have seen this dude has talked about critics dying. Is this guy trolling or is he some mentally ill psychopath? I literally can't tell if he is serious or not.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Knock It Off 2

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This is like the sixth time I have seen this dude has talked about critics dying. Is this guy trolling or is he some mentally ill psychopath? I literally can't tell if he is serious or not.

Someone put a restraining order on this stalker before he hurts himself out of mindless spite.

Yes, critics will die out, you slavish nincompoop, and it already shows. In the age of social media, people are starting to have opinions of their own. Even people like you.

38 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Why is there so much snark all over the fucking Internet about every single fucking thing. What is the goal? Just being a dick? I'm very excited for this, it will do well, reviews are mixed, who fucking cares, how about decent for once? 

think many people are annoyed at Disney remaking their animated movies into live action. Still this one looks charming and cute and it looks like they nailed the title character so I am rooting for it. 

Saw it today. At the beginning it was a Little slow but the second half is full of flying scenes and circus acts. I liked al the performances and the dreamland themepark. Only the two kids were a Little bland. The film overall is still very entertaining and very very pretty to look at but if you only have limited amount of times to go to the movies it’s not something i would rush to the theatre for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1