Ash Skywalker

Disney's Dumbo | March 29, 2019 | Tim Burton | Reviews coming in

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:10 AM, CoolEric258 said:

Scanning through other reviews, the most positive largely consist of "fine enough I guess".

I really should stop putting faith in Burton

Lost a lot of my faith in Burton after Sweeney Todd.....he thought he knew more then Stephan Sondheim,and he didn't

47 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Can't believe Tim Burton mess this film up but it's not surprising based on his recent track record in the screenwriter. Thank God Jon Favreau is doing The Lion King

Thank god a studio hack is doing The Lion King, can’t have anyone taking risks on that film

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Thank god a studio hack is doing The Lion King, can’t have anyone taking risks on that film

Yeah, giving a big film to a director with a solid record of box office success is such a terrible thing.

And IMHO Favreau ,though he is not a great director, is not a hack. I think the term Jounreyman fits. He might not give you a masterpiece, but he is pretty good when it comes to entertaining films.

And he is the director  who launched the whole Marvel Universe....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

When was the last time Tim burton done anything good again? Dude has done the same gothic style over and over again. 

Iron Man and Chef alone shits on whatever Tim has done for the last 15 years.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yikes at the reviews. Dumbo is still my favourite out of the "Golden Age" era of Disney Animation so this one stings a little but still might check it out. 

And why did Disney spend $170M on this film???

Flying baby elephants aren't cheap. 

• Knock It Off 1