Ash Skywalker

Disney's Dumbo | March 29, 2019 | Tim Burton | Reviews coming in

8 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

'Silent movie' Burton is the best Burton.

The ice dance/end of Edward Scissorhands, birth of Catwoman/death of Penguin, the Ed Wood postscript, the end of Big Fish, the piano solo/duet from Corpse Bride...

Yup, some of his strongest work has been with that. He just lets the music take control. Love it. Hopefully we get something like that in this film.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yup, some of his strongest work has been with that. He just lets the music take control. Love it. Hopefully we get something like that in this film.

What's especially great and fitting with the film is that it's essentially horror song with a Yuletide vibe. Pure, unadulterated Elfman, Burton married in one. Excellent.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

What's especially great and fitting with the film is that it's essentially horror song with a Yuletide vibe. Pure, unadulterated Elfman, Burton married in one. Excellent.

Yup, it's absolutely bonkers. Setting it during the holidays was a cool idea. Plus I liked The Penguin being a "circus" freak. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

On 12/13/2017 at 1:12 PM, ddddeeee said:

Keaton, Farrell, Frey and now Heinrichs have all said that people are going to be really surprised to learn that Burton directed this when they see it...

A quite main character is shunned by society and learns to accept his differences...and it's set in a circus. It couldn't get more Burton. I wonder what they mean.

Maybe they're saying that because it's not shit and actually a return to long lost form for him.

:ohmygod:

Edited by MovieMan89

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Maybe they're saying that because it's not shit and actually a return to long lost form for him.

:ohmygod:

The important thing to remember about hit or miss directors is that they have the capability of hitting rather than missing every once in a while.

(Sweeney Todd is the reason why I personally give him a free pass.)

9 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

No news, not filming set images, no nothing of this film? We are almost one year before release, march 2019. We had at least an image of Aladdin filming set from the protagonist some weeks ago, and that movie is for may 2019. Will Smith didn't post anything on his social media?

I think that, similarly to Disney's Christopher Robin film, this was/is probably filmed largely in secret. If Disney didn't give up on Pete's Dragon, I do not think they will give up on this.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:03 AM, slambros said:

The important thing to remember about hit or miss directors is that they have the capability of hitting rather than missing every once in a while.

(Sweeney Todd is the reason why I personally give him a free pass.)

Just the opposite with me. I thought he butchered (No joke intended ( the Sondheim show.