Ash Skywalker

Disney's Dumbo | March 29, 2019 | Tim Burton | Reviews coming in

Yeah, it is too soon to say, of course, but this looks like the kind of retelling of animated classics that will be different and interesting, while honoring the original.  Could be totally wrong on that, but that’s the impression the marketing has given me. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

• 18.9% of moviegoers (184 respondents) saw and recalled this trailer this week.
  • That’s down from 19.9% last week and also down from a 21.1% peak.
  • Yet it rises to its highest rank yet at #2, spending an eighth consecutive week in the recall metric’s top three.

https://pro.boxoffice.com/trailer-impact-2-28-19/

On 2/25/2019 at 7:55 PM, MovieMan89 said:

Not going to get my hopes too high because this is both a Disney live action remake AND a Tim Burton film, neither of which have really delivered any time this century, but this actually looks really promising. Thank god it's not just another carbon copy of the animated one at least. 

Watch Big Fish. Ironically, it's got a lot of circus stuff in there as well. 

This could really be comparable to Cinderella at the box office (if quality is there). I was originally thinking Disney live action 2019 at the box office was going to be:

Dumbo = Cinderella

Aladdin = Jungle Book

Lion King = BatB

But at this point, take off 150M from Aladdin's (domestic) comp and add 100M or so to Lion King's. 

• Like 1