Wormow

The 5th Wave | Sony | January 22, 2016. Trailer page 4

It's quite popular actually, even though I haven't read it yet. Also, from what I hear, it's pretty good. But even so, it's nowhere near the popularity (or sales) of Divergent, TFIOS or Percy Jackson for example. But hey, it' Sony - not exactly the best decision maker, so it's not that surprising.

• Like 1

It's quite popular actually, even though I haven't read it yet. Also, from what I hear, it's pretty good. But even so, it's nowhere near the popularity (or sales) of Divergent, TFIOS or Percy Jackson for example. But hey, it' Sony - not exactly the best decision maker, so it's not that surprising.

Well based upon the premise I looke up it could appeal to people who haven't read the book. 

• Like 1

Well based upon the premise I looke up it could appeal to people who haven't read the book. 

Yeah. But again, a lot of book adaptations were aiming for the same thing: appealing to a broader audience. In the and, it's all about marketing and Sony is no WB or Disney when it comes to this. And when you look at the YA genre, there are very few books which actually were successful as movies. But I hope it'll do well. Sound like my kind of film :D

• Like 2

The books is actually really good. It's about an alien invasion but it's different from most alien books and movies. It's told from 2 perspectives Cassie (who is a pretty tough girl kinda like Katniss or Tris) and Zombie (who is a soldier being trained to fight against the aliens). If they actually put effort into this to make it a good film, I could see it appealing to a broad audience. But Sony sucks at marketing anyway so whatever. And the January release date makes it look like they are dumping it. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

The books is actually really good. It's about an alien invasion but it's different from most alien books and movies. It's told from 2 perspectives Cassie (who is a pretty tough girl kinda like Katniss or Tris) and Zombie (who is a soldier being trained to fight against the aliens). If they actually put effort into this to make it a good film, I could see it appealing to a broad audience. But Sony sucks at marketing anyway so whatever. And the January release date makes it look like they are dumping it. 

His name is Zombie? Katniss is awsome, Tris is too simaller to Katniss, so... But Tobey is producing. 

• Like 1

Dumping it in January doesnt speak of much confidence. Why bother wasting money on it?

yeah I wonder, the premise and the book are really interesting. Why would they bother making it if they are going to dump it anyway? 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

His name is Zombie? Katniss is awsome, Tris is too simaller to Katniss, so... But Tobey is producing. 

lol that's just his nickname. Cassie isn't really like Katniss. I just mean she's really tough. She has to be because she basically travels all by herself because most of her family is dead. (This isn't really a spoiler In the very beginning of the book you find this out) 

• Like 1

A moderator moved The 5th Wave to The Dumping GroundsJul 15 2014 07:39 AMWtf? Why was my thread deleted?

Because I didn't checked the dates and thought your thread had been created after this one. Now you have your thread back, happy? It is like you guys think we do things on purpose sometimes  <_<

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

The release date is awful. At least show that you care a bit Sony. First you release Mortal Instruments to die and now this. The only difference is that from what I have read I actually like the story of this one (never read the books, they were never edited here). 

• Like 1