Wormow

The 5th Wave | Sony | January 22, 2016. Trailer page 4

Basically, I liked the book. I probably won't like the movie because of obvious reason (teen heart throbs casting and stuff like that).

I'm really curious who they will cast as Ringer.

They already finished filming. The movie is now in post production. According to imdb, actress Maika Monroe (The Guest) is Ringer.

I know that movies can succeed in January but the release date for this isnt great. Why isnt Sony releasing this on MLK weekend?Especially if they want to launch a new franchise. Two sequels are being released on that MLK 2016 weekend, which would give this a chance to breakout. 

This action a lack of confidence in the film?

Probably. Probably wanted to get away from Kung Fu Panda 3. Best case scenario this becomes another Maze Runner domestic and Divergent overseas. Not that I'm rooting for it to fail though. Im 60 pages into the book and it's very good so far.

• Like 1

I liked The Road/Walking Dead tone at the beginning when Cassie's on her own mixed with the flashbacks. Interested to see how this is adapted, Maika Monroe as Ringer is a major plus.

Yeah, after It Follows, I'm so on board for Maika!

This action a lack of confidence in the film?

Probably. Probably wanted to get away from Kung Fu Panda 3. Best case scenario this becomes another Maze Runner domestic and Divergent overseas. Not that I'm rooting for it to fail though. Im 60 pages into the book and it's very good so far.

No, it shows confidence. MLK weekend is a great weekend. January 29 is dumping ground. If Sony moved it, it is because they are confident in their product. 

• Like 1

No, it shows confidence. MLK weekend is a great weekend. January 29 is dumping ground. If Sony moved it, it is because they are confident in their product.

But why would Kung Fu Panda move to a dumping ground? It's obviously going to be the biggest movie of the month.

But why would Kung Fu Panda move to a dumping ground? It's obviously going to be the biggest movie of the month.

In that weekend starts a huge holiday week in China. The move was made because of that. 

Edited by CJohn