Wormow

The 5th Wave | Sony | January 22, 2016. Trailer page 4

Everything? I don't know tbh. The CGI looks terrible. Looks bland as hell. The cast is fine, I like the lead girl. 

The plane didn't look right when it was crashing LOL!  Perhaps the cinematography or direction that makes this look bland. 

• Like 1

Ehhhh ... I would have liked this to look better. Darker. Grittier. The post-4th Wave world doesn't look nearly bleak enough. And I'm still not feeling Chloe Grace Moretz in the lead role. She always seems so tiny little girl-y and I couldn't really buy her in the "Take no bullshit" role of Cassie. Still not buying it. I'm gonna need to see more stuff before I make up my mind on whether this is something I want to bother with. Love the books, though, and I can't wait for the third to come out. I thought The Last Star was scheduled to come out in September, but the release date now says May 2016. Boo.

Edited by Nutterbutter
  • Like 1

Yeah, I liked the book. The movie looks like shit, tho.

It sucks when a studio kills a great material. Like they don't even have to think of the story. It's already there. It's like an instant script. We have seen this tragedy many, many times.lol

• Like 2

It sucks when a studio kills a great material. Like they don't even have to think of the story. It's already there. It's like an instant script. We have seen this tragedy many, many times.lol

I think the studio's logic is that they don't really need to try, because the fans will be there in the first week of release and they'll have made a profit.

• Like 1

Idk why I came up with this but the idea of Fox putting an IDR trailer with this would be hilarious.

Also in case anyone cares, second trailer is obviously gonna be with Mockingjay, no way they're attaching to SPECTRE and The Night Before is rated R.

Edited by antovolk

End of the trailer says "in theaters 2016".  I'm guessing they're not sure about Jan 15th yet and might move it depending on how things look over the next few months.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/watch-chloe-moretz-fights-the-others-in-first-trailer-for-the-5th-wave-20150831

Well they can't put it in summer. Too much competition. Realistically, i dont see anywhere on the schedule where this could survive. MLK weekend is not a bad date, it's going against two sequels (both of which will surely decrease from their predecessors)  and a war drama. I see it opening two or most likely number three, behind probably The Revenant or The Hateful Eight.

Edited by babz06
  • Like 2

Jan. 15 is in 2016.

What I mean is that even though it's scheduled for Jan 15th they're not putting that in the trailers yet because there's a chance they could move it.  Ride Along 2 and 13 Hours on that same date could be enough to convince them to move it to a different weekend.  To me Jan 29 and Feb 5 both seem like better weekends for it.

Of course this is just speculation on my part.