CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

Lol why is that a2kk my friend? I think I knew you back on BOM, you were an Avatanic hater like all the rest. But Cameron is a god among directors and he showed all of you.Can you imagine when Avatar 2 grosses 2.8-3.5+ billion? It will crush avengers 2 by more than Titanic grossed ever! Lol!!! Outstanding!!!!Tell me my friend, what do you think of it's chances? Do you agree with the experts that it has a good change of 3 billion or more?

:ban:

• Like 1

It's a bandwagon thing though. In two weeks time nobody will care about soccer again. That's what's annoying. I have nothing against soccer. But I do hate America's bandwagoning love for it right now. 

Here FUCKING here!

Same thing in Toronto.  World Cup is dissected on our sports radio and these tools talk like they know soccer and it matters here in Canada.  Once the WC is over, it won't be talked about again for another 4 years.  I hear some talking head discussing soccer and I immediately change the station.

I guess both TF4 and Maleficent will end up passing DOFP at some point.  :(

At least Apes is overperforming, though I doubt it will have legs good enough to get it to $240-250 million. Maybe GotG can be the big breakout I hope it can be and overtake TF4. Though, still, that'd be asking a lot from it.

Well, MM has this coming out

like every other generic Bill Murray movie.
Im mad, everyone has seen Bill Murray around Charleston but me. He literally hangs out in broad daylight and I can never find him.
  • Like 1

It's a bandwagon thing though. In two weeks time nobody will care about soccer again. That's what's annoying. I have nothing against soccer. But I do hate America's bandwagoning love for it right now. 

It's because N America has no soccer league worth a damn, so there's nothing to care about except the World Cup every 4 years. But I suspect that'll change in the next couple of decades.

Im mad, everyone has seen Bill Murray around Charleston but me. He literally hangs out in broad daylight and I can never find him.

You don't find Bill Murray, Bill Murray finds you :)

It's because N America has no soccer league worth a damn, so there's nothing to care about except the World Cup every 4 years. But I suspect that'll change in the next couple of decades.

Boo for the hater!

What Tammy proves without a shadow of a doubt is that Melissa McCarthy is a draw. The film decreased just 40 %, even though critics hated it; audiences are clearly enjoying the film. Good for Melissa. I hope she soon gets a starring vehicle that is worthy of her considerable charms.

While I agree that McCarthy is a draw, I don't think this can last much longer if she continues making shit films.  IMO, Identity Thief and Tammy are quite horrible.  I'm honest stunned people are liking it and going back for more.  

• Like 3

To be honest, the two people who display the exact same persona, logic and temperament, and could be the same person registered twice are Telemachos and Superman001.

If this is a joke, I must have missed out on a lot of prologue in the last month.

If not...will Dreamworks still go ahead with a third???

HTTYD2 will top the first OS, it only has $77m to go and it still has Germany, S.Korea, Spain, Italy, Japan and China.Even if it only gets to a Puss in Boots-level WW total, even if it stays FLAT from the first film WW, I don't really think the third film is in danger. HTTYD2 will still make a profit. All of DWA's sequels have made profits, while on the other hand they had to take writedowns on 3 of their last 4 originals. In the CG era, only one major studio animated sequel has lost money (Happy Feet Two). Smurfs 2 basically broke even WW (if that even counts as animated), but Sony didn't end the franchise - they chose to reboot it as fully animated and closer to the comics, and pushed it back a year, but they didn't CANCEL the film.They're not going to cancel a sequel which has more chance of making money than their originals do. Canceling HTTYD3 with nothing to fill the gap would trigger further layoffs, tank their stock price, cut off a sizable revenue stream, and further undermine confidence in the company. Scrapping/indefinitely postponing an original animated feature (Newt, Me and My Shadow) is one thing. Scrapping an animated sequel that was officially announced several years ago? Somehow I just don't see that happening. Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Random thought: if the character Captain Jack Sparrow and Ethan Hunt were in a movie togethor they would be the most badass duo of all time.

Random thought: if Captain Jack Sparrow and Ethan Hunt posted in an entire thread all by themselves, it would be the most badass thread of all time

lol

• Like 2

I guess both TF4 and Maleficent will end up passing DOFP at some point.  :(

At least Apes is overperforming, though I doubt it will have legs good enough to get it to $240-250 million. Maybe GotG can be the big breakout I hope it can be and overtake TF4. Though, still, that'd be asking a lot from it.

How is Apes overperforming?

How is Apes overperforming?

It's not, it's coming it right around or right below people's expectations from over the past few months.

Tracking had it around 65 a few days ago, so it's coming in slightly over tracking, but not really overperforming.

• Like 1