#ED

Boyhood (2014)

Boyhood (2014)  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Boyhood (2014)

Lol, RLM trashed this.  Wasn't gonna see it anyways because it doesn't look appealing to me at all despite the 'achievement' aspect of it, but it sounds like a total bore.

It's really not, if you like movies you should see it, it's really not boring.

• Like 2

Y'all have no idea how excited I am to see this... and yet I might have to wait for Blu-Ray because I'm out of the area when it opens, and the likelihood of it opening in my hometown while I'm visiting in the next two weeks is low.

• Like 1

Someday you'll realize how wrong you are on this, Jay. :)

That's something about this movie that people might not realize.  It's going to change and mean something different if you watch it at different times in your life.

A 20 year old watching it isn't going to get the same reaction as a father of 2 kids in college.

It's a goddamn beautiful miracle.

• Like 2

I got a double-whammy: my childhood and having a young son. I guess it'll be a triple-whammy when I watch it in 15 years. The only moments that felt a bit awkward for me were the "big" moments (in particular, the alcoholic stepdad) -- sorry Jay, I was happy the movie didn't go down a traditional narrative road. Also, this would make a fantastic and mind-blowing double-feature with TREE OF LIFE.

• Like 5

Someday you'll realize how wrong you are on this, Jay. :)

I've been over it to many times. But I found the movie cheesy. Thats a hard thing to reverse in ones mind..... My 2 other friends my age who have seen it also didn't love it. (75) and (80) compared to my (73). The thing is this is super close to my life too. It should connect with me for then anything.

Both Step Fathers are terrible actors and so are most of the supporting role. The drinking scene was one of the poorest scenes ive ever seen in any movie also. 

HOLY SHIT

MY MIND WAS JUST BLOWN ABOUT THIS MOVIE

The girl who waves to Mason when he's a kid right after he has his haircut? That's the same girl he's having a conversation with the very end of the movie.

Damn you, Linklater. Damn you.

• Like 3

HOLY SHIT

MY MIND WAS JUST BLOWN ABOUT THIS MOVIE

The girl who waves to Mason when he's a kid right after he has his haircut? That's the same girl he's having a conversation with the very end of the movie.

Damn you, Linklater. Damn you.

Is it?  This doesn't seem like the type of movie to do something like that.

The actress who played Sheena was there at SXSW and I kept running into her around Austin that week.  She's really cute.   :ph34r:

• Like 1

Is it?  This doesn't seem like the type of movie to do something like that.

The actress who played Sheena was there at SXSW and I kept running into her around Austin that week.  She's really cute.   :ph34r:

Obviously I can't confirm it until the DVD/Blu-Ray, but both characters were named Nicole. I think it'd be neat, since it has another facet of life: sometimes we run into someone again but never realize until late into the friendship that we've seen them already

• Like 1

Obviously I can't confirm it until the DVD/Blu-Ray, but both characters were named Nicole. I think it'd be neat, since it has another facet of life: sometimes we run into someone again but never realize until late into the friendship that we've seen them already

Hmm, was the girl named at school? I'm slightly dubious; IMDB's credit list seems to be (approximately) in order of screen appearance, but Nicole (the college version, anyway) doesn't appear until the very end, compared to all the other people in Mason's life. Could be true, I guess, I just don't remember enough about that girl in grade school.

• Like 1

Hmm, was the girl named at school? I'm slightly dubious; IMDB's credit list seems to be (approximately) in order of screen appearance, but Nicole (the college version, anyway) doesn't appear until the very end, compared to all the other people in Mason's life. Could be true, I guess, I just don't remember enough about that girl in grade school.

She signed the note complimenting hair with "Nicole"

I don't know if it's the same actress or not really, but it'd be really cool if it is IMO

Well this deserves all the praise it's getting to be honest. It's crazy just thinking damn I had this same transition as Mason is the same age as me and I sware my middle school best friend looked exactly like him. Although I couldn't relate to everything, still it reaches home. It's 3 hours flew by. I wasn't really a fan of the ending. Oh and UT Austin was my dream school lol oh and it's Texas. Anyways I could go on and on. A

• Like 1