CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Sherlock Holmes 2 - 40M; Alvin 3 - 23.5M; Mission Impossible 4 - 13M

From Boxoffice.com facebook page:

Official weekend estimate: $40.020 million for 'Sherlock Holmes 2'. Location avg. = $10,807.

Official weekend estimate: $23.5 million for 'Alvin and the Chipmunks 3'. Location avg. = $6,312.

Official weekend estimate: $4.3 million for 'Breaking Dawn - Part I'. Location avg. = $1,454

Official weekend estimate: $3.5 million for 'The Muppets'. Location avg. = $1,246.

Official weekend estimate: $286,879 for 'The Artist'. Location avg. = $16,875

Official weekend estimate: $85,696 for 'Carnage'. Location avg. = $17,139.

Official weekend estimate: $452,278 for 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy'. Location avg. = $28,267.

From ERC facebook page:

Audiences accepted MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE--GHOST PROTOCOL as it debuted in third with $13 mil in just 425 IMAX locations--$30,588 per!!! #cruisecontrol

Diablo Cody/Jason Reitman's YOUNG ADULT isn't turning out to be the page-turner JUNO was, as it finished seventh with just $3.6 million.

Edited by CJohn

From ERC facebook page:

SHERLOCK HOLMES: A GAME OF SHADOWS was #1 with $40 mil; that's down 36% from the original's debut.

Official weekend estimate: $40.020 million for 'Sherlock Holmes 2'. Location avg. = $10,807.

Edited by CJohn

Carnage really tanked. I wasn't expecting this.

Glad to see the child rapist's film flop.TTSS will have a hard time holding strong since it looks like it (and Gary Oldman) will be snubbed at Oscar time. How DiCaprio can be nominated and not Gary Oldman is beyond me. I suppose Oldman's Conservative politics really works against him at awards time. Too bad since I've heard he is one of the nicest guys to work with and is great to everyone on the crew, no matter how lowly the position.
  • Like 2