baumer

Harry Potter dominated the box office for a decade, there will never be another series like it.

I meant from a rather lighthearted tone with a few dark moments to a very dark and bleak film with only a few lighthearted moments. And from a single series. Not random adaptations of different stories regarding Batman. 

Technically the Burton/Schumacher movies are all part of the same series. They share some of the same actors/roles and WB never said the Schumacher films were a reboot, even though many fans view it that way.

• Like 1

Technically the Burton/Schumacher movies are all part of the same series. They share some of the same actors/roles and WB never said the Schumacher films were a reboot, even though many fans view it that way.

Then Potter did it in a realistic way.

• Like 2

That is a good point. The drop between "Lion, witch and the wardrobe" to "Prince Caspian" to "Whatever the hell it was called" was huge. What happened there? I haven't seen any of the Potter or Narnia movies, but there was always news when a new Potter movie was coming out whereas Narnia just disappeared after the first one.

TLTWTW is an iconic book. Prince Caspian... Not so much. And Narnia is completely different from HP in that Narnia is a bunch of self-contained stories with different characters in each.

• Like 1

TLTWTW is an iconic book. Prince Caspian... Not so much. And Narnia is completely different from HP in that Narnia is a bunch of self-contained stories with different characters in each.

Being pushed from Christmas to summer didn't help.

• Like 1

Tried to watch about 20-30 minutes of one of them and it bored the shit out of me.

Who starts with OoTP? That is like the worst possible movie to start watching the series.

• Like 2

Even so, I think I caught about 10 minutes of DH1 on TV awhile back and it was OK but didn't hold my interest.

You cannot start with the 5th and 7th movie for a franchise and find it engrossing :P:lol:

Edited by a2k
  • Like 4

There'll never be anything like Potter again. I miss it. I remember the premiere for DH2. I went to Trafalgar Square that day to soak up the atmosphere and perhaps catch a glimpse, and the premiere shut down central London. There were thousands of people standing on the outside trying to peak in through the gates, standing on bins, the steps to get up into the cathedral, literally anything. The screams reverberated around the square when the interviews and speeches were being held, it was unlike anything I've experienced. I'll never forget that.

• Like 7

Harry Potter, I'm really happy for you and I'm gonna let you finish, but Lord of the Rings is the greatest fantasy franchise of all time.

Posted Image

Yeah, true.

Sorry potter but you can't compete with Lord of The Rings! It was just to epic.

• Like 3

What I really miss is the craziness whenever a new book came out. Seeing on the news all those lines and lines and lines people waiting outside the bookstore to buy it at midnight and hearing stories about some asshole who bought the book, ran outside, read the last few pages, and then ran back into the bookstore screaming what happens at the end only to then get stoned to death by angry, spoiled fans.

• Like 1