Ash Skywalker

Silence | Dec 23rd (Limited), January (Wide) | Trailer on Page 11

Just now, filmlover said:

You'll just have to go see Brad and Marion do the horizontal mambo if you're that desperate.

Don't know if it's a spoiler or not, but it was in the AV Club review:

Spoiler

There's a lesbian sex scene with Lizzy Caplan in it too :jeb!: 

• Like 1

This might be a tough sell to the GA. Probably appeals to a much different audience compared to his last couple of movies. If he can get the christian community to see this, it might get a win, otherwise it could end up as one of his lower grossing movies in recent history. 

• Like 1

It's about fricking time. Also it looks pretty terrific. The cinematography in particular looks excellent. Also I liked how they didn't even have Liam Neeson say a single word in the trailer, very effective.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

It's pretty much guaranteed to be his lowest grossing since Bringing Out the Dead. 

Looks fascinating though Garfield's return as dramatic actor has been reminding me more and more of Di Caprio lately. As in I couldn't entirely buy him either in this trailer or in Hacksaw Ridge, I can just see him trying too hard. Compare it to Driver right next to him, who in just few shots looks a lot more natural and, I dunno, comfortably in his character's skin.

• Like 1

I think they're going for English with a Portuguese accent, but I must say it sounds much more like a Spanish accent. And none of the three actors was able to correctly pronounce Ferreira. His name was not Ferrera

Edited by Merkel
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Will there be an audience for this ?

I highly doubt it.

But I was way wrong with The Revenant last year so.

No Leo Raped by a Bear headlines though.

It's going wide in January, against Live By Night, Hidden Figures and Patriots Day this will be a tough sell.