Ash Skywalker

Silence | Dec 23rd (Limited), January (Wide) | Trailer on Page 11

On 10/18/2016 at 10:47 AM, Ash Skywalker said:

That kinda of sucks tbh, I was looking forward to a nice 3 hour epic, hopefully he releases his director's cut. 

• Like 1

scorsese doesn't do extended cuts. i don't think he likes the idea of more than one version of the movie out there. like even though harvey screwed with gangs of new york he still isn't interested in putting together a different cut. and how do you know the 2 39 version isn't his director's cut.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

http://kimallenkluge.com/the-sounds-of-silence-kluges-create-score-for-scorseses-silence/

Husband and wife team Kim and Kathryn Kuge have composed the music. No Howard Shore, also I just checked and Sandy Powell isn't involved this time, instead Dante Ferretti is doing both Production and Costume Design.

Edited by Fancyarcher

On 07.11.2016 at 2:11 AM, Fancyarcher said:

http://kimallenkluge.com/the-sounds-of-silence-kluges-create-score-for-scorseses-silence/

Husband and wife team Kim and Kathryn Kuge have composed the music. No Howard Shore, also I just checked and Sandy Powell isn't involved this time, instead Dante Ferretti is doing both Production and Costume Design.

Never heard of them but that actually makes it more interesting. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Never heard of them but that actually makes it more interesting. 

They're also probably more authentic, which is why Scorsese decided to use them for the background music. I doubt Silence will have too much music in it though.

On 11/8/2016 at 10:45 AM, filmlover said:

Looks this is more or less gonna drop in December with little marketing beforehand. Hopefully it works out for them. Also, this movie better live up to the hype.

http://variety.com/2016/film/in-contention/silence-martin-scorsese-oscar-race-1201910344/

Very strange considering Scorsese's domestic box office track record this century is impeccable (75-140m grossers). You'd think they'd throw a little money in the way of marketing for this. 

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

Had a guy at school ask me when this comes out. Didn't think regular teenagers knew this even existed.

They dont.  Your friend is weird.  Awesome though, invite him to the forum he's got a good head on him.  Normally I don't invite teenagers here for obvious reasons (Chris Hansen).

Oh it's a joke.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kowhite said:

They dont.  Your friend is weird.  Awesome though, invite him to the forum he's got a good head on him.  Normally I don't invite teenagers here for obvious reasons (Chris Hansen).

Oh it's a joke.

I'm a teenager, I turned out okay... right? :kitschjob:

18 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Why haven't they released a trailer for this yet? what are they thinking?! you can't just drop movies anymore and expect them to make money.. can you?

Maybe they don't know how to sell it? A 2.5 hour drama about priests facing persecution isn't exactly a movie that the public will immediately jump on board with (especially in light of the current national mood).

27 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Why haven't they released a trailer for this yet? what are they thinking?! you can't just drop movies anymore and expect them to make money.. can you?

You never know unless you try

The steady stream of TV spots a month to release is the most important part of a movie's marketing campaign, imo. You're not gonna remember most of the trailers you saw before a movie after you walk out.