keysersoze123

FOX/WB Merger

It wasn't WB, it was Time Warner

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2014/07/16/rupert-on-the-hunt-fox-throws-80-billion-at-time-warner/

In the latest in big merger news, Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox made a massive $80 billion offer to take over Time Warner TWX +17.57%, according to a report inThe New York Times. The billionaire’s efforts were rebuffed, at least initially — but the move could set off a new round of bidding for Time Warner’s lucrative media assets, which include cable networks, movie studios, and more.

A combined 21st Century Fox-Time Warner would create one of the biggest media companies in the world, with revenues of about $65 billion. But first Murdoch, a veteran of media conglomerate deals, needs to convince Time Warner’s board and shareholders.

In a statement on Wednesday, Fox confirmed that it made a formal proposal to Time Warner last month. It continued: “The Time Warner Board of Directors declined to pursue our proposal. We are not currently in any discussions with Time Warner.”

Time Warner stock surged over 17% in morning trading as reports suggest the takeover proposal was worth $85 per share in cash and stock. (Fox shares sank 2%.) One sticking point, reportedly, was the fact that Fox’s offer would be made with nonvoting shares, as the Murdoch family controls Fox with two tiers of stock.

notfabio posted this in hsx

While for now the offer has been rejected Rupert Murdoch tried to merge Fox and Time Warner including WB

I wonder if that had happened we would have seen xmen/justice league crossover !!!

I doubt they would crossover two properties from different comic companies.

Warner Bros. is under Time Warner yes?

Edited by Sky™

but that includes Warner Bros as well.

I doubt they would crossover two properties from different comic companies.

Warner Bros. is under Time Warner yes?

Yes, but according to all articles covering the proposed merger Fox and WB studios would be kept separate. The TV divisions would have been merged.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

forbes article did not mention it will keep them separate. Dont see that as an efficient idea having 2 huge studios under the same umbrella org.

Other hilarious thing is fox news and cnn as part of same org. CNN will turn RIGHT as well. Or Sean Hannity will become a liberal.  :D

forbes article did not mention it will keep them separate. Dont see that as an efficient idea having 2 huge studios under the same umbrella org.

Other hilarious thing is fox news and cnn as part of same org. CNN will turn RIGHT as well. Or Sean Hannity will become a liberal.  :D

Murdoch was going to sell off CNN.

• Community Manager

Surely it cannot be allowed?

This isn't Disney buying over small timers like Pixar and Lucasfilm.

Fox has some balls. But, fuck them and Murdoch. I'm surprised the bugger is still alive.

It might be allowed but it shouldn't. Hopefully anti-trust laws kick in.

This would be a titanic shift in the entertainment industry. Off the top of my head I would imagine that if this monstrosity were allowed to occur fox would probably let the ff and x me. Rights expire and produce dc films in addition to avatar. But the true casualty would be hbo and the rest of tv networks. This is an awful situation how can time warner even consider this. On a lesser note we would no longer see the warner logo before movies or bugs chewing that carrot. I would to lose warner to the greedy bastard who frankly should be in jail for his uk shit. How can fox even afford this I thought news corp and 20 century split off a year ago

Edited by The Sun's Son