keysersoze123

FOX/WB Merger

Wow!  That would rock the film world.  

It aint happening Baumer buddy... No way TW shareholders are going to merge their huge company if the family of Murdoch have voting shares and total stock dominance of Fox stock.

It would have been definitely a huge shake up of TV and Film World and who know what else would have been merged. Murdoch has to let lose the controlling shares a bit and sweeten the deal or this will be just fantasy. :) lol

It aint happening Baumer buddy... No way TW shareholders are going to merge their huge company if the family of Murdoch have voting shares and total stock dominance of Fox stock.It would have been definitely a huge shake up of TV and Film World and who know what else would have been merged. Murdoch has to let lose the controlling shares a bit and sweeten the deal or this will be just fantasy. :) lol

Apparently you really don't know what you're talking about.The shareholders want this,because many of them have shares in both companies and that would reinforce their own power on the new entity.

Uh. Please no. WB is probably the best of the big six studios marketing wise and also the best when it comes to the range of movies it promotes. With a few notable exceptions, Fox is a mess.

WB has lost a lot of it's steam in the last few years, almost all of their blockbusters seem like they're trying to copy Nolan's Style only without Nolan, and we end up with dull humorless unrealistic films with sub'par(or worse) dialogue. (Godzilla, Man of Steel) whereas Fox as really step up in the last couple years, especially this year, releasing the best X-Men film to date, a wonderful sequel to "how to Train Your Dragon" and a fantastic "Down of the Planet of the Apes" 

• Like 1

Apparently you really don't know what you're talking about.The shareholders want this,because many of them have shares in both companies and that would reinforce their own power on the new entity.

Wrong. They did not want to do the merger because the family has too much control

of Fox shares and they want more influence in Fox... I think you need to read more than one news report.

Why am I going to do a merger with your company and I have no voting power in it, but Murdoch and family

want voting shares rights with big parts of TW like HBO and other divisions.

Like I said its an unlikely scenario

Honestly I don't much care for giant mergers like this, kills the competition. plus less studios less vision. less variety. the fact that Disney is so big is a little frightening to be honest. 

The offer was rebuffed, so it isn't happening. But reading some of the responses here to the story is pretty hilarious. Now, I kinda want Fox to buy Time Warner for the meltdowns.

Even better would be Disney buying Time Warner.

No Fox buys out Disney. 

• Like 1

WB has lost a lot of it's steam in the last few years, almost all of their blockbusters seem like they're trying to copy Nolan's Style only without Nolan, and we end up with dull humorless unrealistic films with sub'par(or worse) dialogue. (Godzilla, Man of Steel) whereas Fox as really step up in the last couple years, especially this year, releasing the best X-Men film to date, a wonderful sequel to "how to Train Your Dragon" and a fantastic "Down of the Planet of the Apes" 

Fox has made a lot shitty movies this year and last year 

• Like 1

I find this whole post to be reactionary and ridiculous. Now, I want the merger to happen even more, so that I can have more entertaining meltdowns like this.

What would you even know about anything?

Go back to the misogynist thread.

• Like 1

If you are a movies fan then you don't want this. Fox and WB have a lot of redundancies so they will either be merged outright or they will co-ordinate to cut costs. Maybe one of the studios will get out of the production business altogether and will help distribute the movies that the other is producing. So let us say that the two studios combine to produce or distribute 30 movies every year, the number will be cut down to 20 or less. If they combine to release a dozen movies during the summer then the new merged studio will release no more than 6-7 "safest" movies that they can come up with.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1

Here is a good article by David Poland.

But on the film side, we are already noticing that no fad lasts forever. But the fad of the moment has a minimum $300m price tag with production and P&A. WB had 3 of those this summer (and it was a little quiet this year), a fourth coming, and Fox had one and maybe one more coming (a second sequel). Does Fox have any mega-budget films on the schedule next year? Fantastic Four? Probably on the cheaper side. Nothing else even suggests a huge budget. WB looks to have three… and three more in 2016 to Fox’s two (ID4-2 and Apes 3). Warner Bros ain’t Disney… but it’s a lot more financially aggressive than Fox.

This is a terrible, terrible idea for the movie business. WB and CBS? Sure. Fox and Sony? Makes more sense.

No question there are all kinds of economies that both businesses could take if Fox ate Time-Warner. But I fear that one of them with be a whole lot of investment in theatrically released feature films, independent network television production, and a cultural legacy that is unlikely to ever be rebuilt if destroyed.

http://moviecitynews.com/2014/07/the-problem-with-fox-eating-time-warner/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

In an age of generic tentpoles and mediocre movies, HBO has been the bright light, delivering intelligent creative content for adults. Their catalogue of shows, especially over the last 15 years, towers over any other channel. They are responsible for the fact that TV dramas are as good as they are now.

I'd say that Television is becoming a bright light in general. The potential from long form television is becoming much more apparent in a lot of incredibly well recieved shows over the last few years, and even a lot of shows for kids (Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, etc.) are taking punches with creative vision that most films wouldn't try taking. HBO may have definitely played a role in kick-starting the new revolution that seems to be going on in TV, but I think that the TV industry is beginning to work better than the film industry for a lot of people, as well. 

• Like 2

I'd say that Television is becoming a bright light in general. The potential from long form television is becoming much more apparent in a lot of incredibly well recieved shows over the last few years, and even a lot of shows for kids (Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, etc.) are taking punches with creative vision that most films wouldn't try taking. HBO may have definitely played a role in kick-starting the new revolution that seems to be going on in TV, but I think that the TV industry is beginning to work better than the film industry for a lot of people, as well. 

I love TV shows,really,I watch them quite a lot.

However I think the movie industry has one big advantage : time.When you're an adult worker you can easily watch movies,it's more difficult to watch a TV show because they're time-consuming.The reason that NCIS is the most watch show is because most of episodes are stand-alone,not linked each other so you don't have to remember every episode to understand the story.

TV shows are great for teens and young adults,older people could prefer movies.

IMO TV shows are better and they really improved the last few years,it's so exciting,particularly these comicbook TV shows.