Impact

Movies that you swear were hits where your from but not elsewhere

I was unsure what to title this thread.But this came up today after mentioning in the crowd reports for SH2 that it was one of the most crowded films I've seen this year along with Pirates 4, Rango and are you ready? Real Steel.Yes-Real Steel, more crowded then DH2 and TF3.When I saw it on it's OD I really thought the October record was GONE. Until I read Nikki's numbers.I can't explain how, but it was very crowded.

There are a lot of movies I saw as a kid, most of which were popular, but the ones that weren't I just assumed were popular. As I got older I realized some of them were independent, or Canadian movies (I'm from Canada). I think this happens more with music. There are some Canadian bands that I thought were popular worldwide, but then realized they were only popular in Canada.

Edited by eggplant

I just remember seeing Avatar on Christmas and every seat in their largest screen was taken and we had to leave though the exit door when it was over because the theater was so packed. Same with Alice in Wonderland. And recently The Descendants - every seat taken.

I just remember seeing Avatar on Christmas and every seat in their largest screen was taken and we had to leave though the exit door when it was over because the theater was so packed. Same with Alice in Wonderland.

Yes those 2 films were such huge bombs everywhere else! Oh wait....:P