CJohn

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows | June 3, 2016 | IMAX release confirmed

. . . Does Tyler Perry need money or something?

. . . how long has it been since the last Medea movie-thingie anyway?

I dont think he has an amazing range of roles to choose from. This role could be one of the more unique he's been offered, depending on the baxter stockman they've written.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well, this is interesting!   Perry is quintessential "down-to-earth" and can pull of "quirky" with ease.  He should fit into this franchise very well.  

Can't say I've seen Alex Cross or many Madea flicks but I thought he was surprisingly effective in Gone Girl. He's at least got some charisma.

And he was very good, surprisingly so, in his cameo in Star Trek.  He brought a gravitas that I had no idea he had. 

tmnt-car.jpg

Turtles' Shellraiser.  I don't remember much but in the movie they show the first one at the end.  So we didn't see much in action at all and now we have a new one.  Perhaps the previous one is destroyed in the next film.

Michael Bay never saw the first one or that was a fake Shredder.

I haven't watched the first one. They had a asian actor play Shredder? Thank goodness. So who did William Fincher(sp?) end up playing? The sites all reported that he was playing Shredder.

I saw the movie, he was not Shredder.

I guess they think no one will notice them changing the actor? Unless he just stays in costume the whole time or he is a new shredder who has taken over the foot clan.

The previous actor who played Shredder was never seen without being obscured by shadows. So they can easily recast and not have it make a huge difference.

I haven't watched the first one. They had a asian actor play Shredder? Thank goodness. So who did William Fincher(sp?) end up playing? The sites all reported that he was playing Shredder.

It was pretty clear the plan was for Fitchner to be Shredder and for the "Shredder" to be a robot. But they ended up changing that entire subplot in the editing room through a couple of extra scenes they shot and the magic of ADR. It ended up being better than it sounds, whoever edited that deserves a raise.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

The previous actor who played Shredder was never seen without being obscured by shadows. So they can easily recast and not have it make a huge difference.

It was pretty clear the plan was for Fitchner to be Shredder and for the "Shredder" to be a robot. But they ended up changing that entire subplot in the editing room through a couple of extra scenes they shot and the magic of ADR. It ended up being better than it sounds, whoever edited that deserves a raise.

There are like 10 movies inside TMNT. It is insane how ok it ended up being.

There are like 10 movies inside TMNT. It is insane how ok it ended up being.

I know, the only other big blockbuster type movie which I can remember being cobbled together was GI Joe: Retaliation. That movie was delayed and finally put together using duct tape and ADR in the editing room.

• Like 2

I know, the only other big blockbuster type movie which I can remember being cobbled together was GI Joe: Retaliation. That movie was delayed and finally put together using duct tape and ADR in the editing room.

I would say TASM2 has 10 movies inside it as well.

• Like 1

World War Z. So many rewrites and reshoots

Matthew Fox originally had a big supporting role and ended up on screen for 10 seconds :rofl:

• Like 1