CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

LOL, I said Planet of the Apes when I bought mine

I remember when I saw Man of Steel at a Father's Day matinee, and every single person who bought a ticket for it in front of it said "Two for Superman"

It's V. Get it right  -_-

I will be highly disappointed then if Clark doesn't reveal himself to be a giant lizard bent on subjugating the Earth.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Apres 14.6-15.3,Pu2 say 10,Pla2 6.7,ST 5.7,AOE 4.1,Tam 3.2,22J 2,HTTYD2 1.6,ETE/Malef 1.4,BA 1.2

BH 400k

Jumps from Friday:

Apes: 45%

Purge 2: -23% (Purge 1 dropped 37%)

Planes 2: +7% (Planes 1 stayed flat)

Sex Tape: flat

AOE: 51%

Tammy: 41%

22JS: 40%

HTTYD2: 50%

Mal: 48%

• Like 3

Apres 14.6-15.3,Pu2 say 10,Pla2 6.7,ST 5.7,AOE 4.1,Tam 3.2,22J 2,HTTYD2 1.6,ETE/Malef 1.4,BA 1.2

BH 400k

GREAT for Apes2.

HTTYD2 recovers nicely from yesterday.

Mal just NEVER dies. It's going to catch up with 22J2 and HTTYD sometime at this rate.

• Like 1

I'am wondering if some of the holds are due to maybe it being the first weekend without the world cup, people needing something else to entertain themselves for the weekend

If you mean the hold for Apes2, I think it'd have this kind of great hold with or without WC.

It's given us what this summer lacked from the start, a good blockbuster with substance that can be watched and enjoyed by everyone.

• Like 1

If you mean the hold for Apes2, I think it'd have this kind of great hold with or without WC. It's given us what this summer lacked from the start, a good blockbuster with substance that can be watched and enjoyed by everyone.

It really is a well-made film. One of the first movies in awhile that made me feel the blood pumping through my veins from how thrilling things got in the final act.Deserves every penny just for that, IMO.
  • Like 2

The trailers before Apes were TMNT, GOTG, Unbroken, The Judge, A Most Wanted Man, Hercules and Gone Girl.Gone Girl had by far the best reaction. Heard a couple of "Looks great" and "I need to see that". All other trailers had no reaction.

• Like 1

The trailers before Apes were TMNT, GOTG, Unbroken, The Judge, A Most Wanted Man, Hercules and Gone Girl.Gone Girl had by far the best reaction. Heard a couple of "Looks great" and "I need to see that". All other trailers had no reaction.

Gone Girl and GOTG got the best reaction at mine :)

Something I noticed odd about the GOTG trailer in 3D though... aspect ratios were changing. And I have no idea why