CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

Shanghai Surprise is the highest grossing film in which an Italian-American woman who´s best known for singing  plays a missionary abroad.

Wow!

Posted Image

• Like 3

:lol: Yes we should. But I'm trying to figure out what the highest grossing film taking place on Pandora is, that one is hard. :POkay that's it.

Could be also the highest grossing film starring blue humanoid cats with electric tails.

• Like 2

Could be also the highest grossing film starring blue humanoid cats with electric tails.

HMMMM true, but that film I don't think anyone saw :P

Anyway-hope everyone has a nice week.

• Like 3

Seriously, I think we need to stop...lol....it's fun but certainly off base.  We can continue in the CCT.

Surely you must be joking, the CC thread has decided the derailment topic for today morning already.

Good numbers all around, the drops this weekend are awesome for all movies, shows that no one cared about the openers.

• Like 2

It's sad to see Planes 2 only making $18M. I thought for sure it could do $20M. I think I over-estimated the demographics. I thought children 2-7, who were regular movie-goers, would go see the film. It looks like children 8 years old are a little old for Plane 2. So only children ages 2-7 who are regular movie-goers went to see the film.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 2

Surely you must be joking, the CC thread has decided the derailment topic for today morning already.

Good numbers all around, the drops this weekend are awesome for all movies, shows that no one cared about the openers.

Yes, I am serious.  And don't call me Shirley.

• Like 7

Foreign numbers coming in.

Edge of Tomorrow at $358 mil. Double its production budget globally! Bring on the sequel!

And a massive disappointment and a big loss for the studio.

• Like 1

Great hold for Apes. A drop just above 50% for a big summer sequel? That's almost unheard of these days.

The uneventful trio of openers didn't set the world on fire, unsurprisingly. The Purge did pretty well considering how poorly-received the first was, but Planes failed to strike twice and Sex Tape flamed out on arrival (a testament to how important having actual laughs are when it comes to selling comedies).

Transformers continues to make plenty of money with no one really caring. Tammy has been holding surprisingly well, it might flirt with $100M if it gets close enough.

Jump Street and Dragon sequels held well yet again, and holy crap Maleficent is holding well. Truly one of the biggest surprises of the season.

Great to see Begin Again holding extremely well, and Boyhood's expansion is looking very promising. Wish I Was Here doesn't have much room for expansion but it probably did as well as it was going to given the bad reviews.

• Like 1