Ash Skywalker

Rings | February 3 2017

3 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

Actually, I've settled on something. It isn't good, and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. It's almost the same damn film as the previous films. The dumbest part is that

Reveal hidden contents

It's trying to be a sequel....and a reboot at the same time. Somehow. It doesn't work well.

Now that I've thought about it, it's a damn mess.

I'm reading a lot of comments stating that they've destroyed the mythology of the franchise, I generally do not buy this argument that a bad sequel can ruin a franchise, but it seems to be appropriate here.

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm reading a lot of comments stating that they've destroyed the mythology of the franchise, I generally do not buy this argument that a bad sequel can ruin a franchise, but it seems to be appropriate here.

It sort of does. Also, the more I think about this movie, the more I wonder how in the hell I went out of my way to see it. I typically don't go for cliched horror, but I went to see this one.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2017 at 10:20 PM, NoobSaibot said:

It sort of does. Also, the more I think about this movie, the more I wonder how in the hell I went out of my way to see it. I typically don't go for cliched horror, but I went to see this one.

Poor you. I'm going to check this just because I check every Horror movie that is released.

• Community Manager

For those that don't give a shit the final twist is:

A girl with zero personality (the main character in the movie) becomes Samara at the end.

I laughed so hard leaving the theater. The Ring was a great fantastic horror film not just because at the time it was actually scary (although now it's been ripped off so many times) but because you actually cared about the characters.

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

For those that don't give a shit the final twist is:

Hide contents

A girl with zero personality (the main character in the movie) becomes Samara at the end.

I laughed so hard leaving the theater. The Ring was a great fantastic horror film not just because at the time it was actually scary (although now it's been ripped off so many times) but because you actually cared about the characters.

25m for that

Not a horror fan and not a fan of bad movies, so I'll steer clear of this film

• Like 1

so I rewatched The Ring 2 on Sunday and The Ring on Monday.  Did some light reading on the concept.  I wanted to be as prepared as possible for this.  Saw Rings tonight (Tuesday)...  The first 1/3 was a solid B+ for me (always seems to be the case for most crappy horror films).  The last 2/3 really falters and then the end catches up.  It features the same dragged out investigation like from the first Ring, except the first one was good!  I would definitely call this a sequel and it has some good ideas.  The good bumps it above the 69% D+ hurdle and into C/C- territory.  A step above Bye Bye Man.  72.

BO wise, I think it did the best it could with what it had.  Without the Super Bowl, it would have made 14.63 million with a 40% Sunday drop and average 5k/theater.  To me, that is success.  The negative part of the box office is the 25M budget which i am guessing covers the last 2/3 of the on location shooting that dragged the movie down and made it seem less appealing.  They did it to themselves.  I hope their is an alternative motivation for them cancelling Friday the 13th other than the poor performance of Rings cuz them cancelling F13 is just dumb.  Look how well Bye Bye Man did on Friday alone?  COMMON MAN!  Look how much Mother's Day increased on Mother's Day.  COMMON MAN!  COMMON PARAMOUNT!