Ash Skywalker

Rings | February 3 2017

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/rings-release-date-is-pushed-back-yet-again-302

Now coming out on October 28th.

(I wonder if this will be moved again if Annabelle 2 recieves an October date also

Edited by CaptainJackSparrow

29 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Jurassic world had non...

Technically, BD Wong was there.

Btw, HOLY SHIT, THIS IS ACTUALLY THE RING 3? I was aware of this film's existance, but I had no fucking idea until now. Should've probably started marketing a little bit sooner in advance, Paramount.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

No idea BD Wong wasn't in the 1st movie.

Btw, HOLY SHIT, THIS IS ACTUALLY THE RING 3? I was aware of this film's existance, but I had no fucking idea until now. Should've probably started marketing a little bit sooner in advance, Paramount.

Jurassic World was a big success because BD Wong it was in the cast with a small role. Okay then. 

Samara is draw, darling.

9 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Jurassic World was a big success because BD Wong it was in the cast with a small role. Okay then. 

Samara is draw, darling.

You said JW had nobody in the original cast. I was stating that's technically not true. I know what you meant in context, but I was pointing that fact out.

And yes, I know Samara is a draw. But if I, a horror movie fan and pretty big supporter of the original (American-made) Ring, didn't even know about this movie being a new entry in that franchsie, something is wrong w/the awareness of its existance right now.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

You said JW had nobody in the original cast. I was stating that's technically not true. I know what you meant in context, but I was pointing that fact out.

And yes, I know Samara is a draw. But if I, a horror movie fan and pretty big supporter of the original (American-made) Ring, didn't even know about this movie being a new entry in that franchsie, something is wrong w/the awareness of its existance right now.

This thing is a shitty 3D reboot. Not even Paramount cares.

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Ow. I got it now. Sorry.

I agree. Paramount should have started the marketing months ago. It had so many oportunities lost: The purge 3, The conjuring 2,  The shallows, Lights out.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Ow. I got it now. Sorry.

I agree. Paramount should have started the marketing months ago. It had so many oportunities lost: The purge 3, The conjuring 2,  The shallows, Lights out.

No heat from this one. DOA?

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

This thing is a shitty 3D reboot. Not even Paramount cares.

Yeah, but honestly, that's like WB not caring about The Conjuring 2. The Ring is the closest thing to a sure fire hit franchise in the genre that Paramount has, now that Paranormal Activity is gone for good (thankfully). Sure that The Ring 2 wasn't anywhere near as successful as the 1st one, but it was still really successful overall. And The Ring (more so Samara) is a pop culture staple. You'd think that they would push the marketing a bit more, especially w/the 3D gimmick attached to it... after all, considering the scenes that The Ring is known for, those things would be perfect for 3D.

@alisson23 They can still save face if they launch a gutbusting trailer w/Don't Breathe or Blair Witch.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, but honestly, that's like WB not caring about The Conjuring 2. The Ring is the closest thing to a sure fire hit franchise in the genre that Paramount has, now that Paranormal Activity is gone for good (thankfully). Sure that The Ring 2 wasn't anywhere near as successful as the 1st one, but it was still really successful overall. And The Ring (more so Samara) is a pop culture staple. You'd think that they would push the marketing a bit more, especially w/the 3D gimmick attached to it... after all, considering the scenes that The Ring is known for, those things would be perfect for 3D.

@alisson23 They can still save face if they launch a gutbusting trailer w/Don't Breathe or Blair Witch.

I forgot about that. Two good oportunities.

You are right. Rings has a great element to be seen in 3D: Samara coming out the screen. If the movie doesn't have this scene, doesn't worth 3D. 

@CJohn is a troll. Every thread he says things like these. @moderation, thread ban here, please.

Paramount is in trouble with this. The Ring was a good movie and very effective for a PG-13 horror flick. Paramount is too late with this, marketing isn't effective for this at all, and they should just let this go straight to video or VOD instead.