Ash Skywalker

Rings | February 3 2017

Why studios never learn? Seriously, TC2's trailers were so effective because it basically didn't show nothing, it was only the tension being built, why can't every horror trailer follow the same pattern instead of spreading spoilers during the whole trailer? 

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

2 hours ago, ThatOneMechanic said:

Let's be honest: Would more people be interested in a sequel to Ouija this Halloween, or a sequel to The Ring?

Definitely The Ring, of course...

But the Ouija 2 trailer looks good to me, and that was even before I found out it was directed by Mike Flanagan. We could be in for an unexpected treat with Ouija 2, which I'm personally looking forward to much more than Rings.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Why studios never learn? Seriously, TC2's trailers were so effective because it basically didn't show nothing, it was only the tension being built, why can't every horror trailer follow the same pattern instead of spreading spoilers during the whole trailer? 

Because most likely the movie being advertised is shit so they have to cherrypick somewhat well-crafted scenes and make it into a trailer. Even if that means spoiling the movie, if you can show at least five minor scares you've got a modern horror trailer.

19 hours ago, Alpha said:

Because most likely the movie being advertised is shit so they have to cherrypick somewhat well-crafted scenes and make it into a trailer. Even if that means spoiling the movie, if you can show at least five minor scares you've got a modern horror trailer.

If your movie is a complete shit, then that's another good reason to you try to hide it, don't you think?

Look at the trailer of The Gallows, the movie is absolutely terrible, but Warner managed to make a terrific trailer, hiding everything about the movie, and it worked (for a while), the marketing went viral, and most of people thought it would be a good movie (there were some clubs here thinking that it could have been the next TC), a effective trailer for this movie could at least guarantee a good OW thanks to the brand, not anymore, I guess. 

• Like 2

On August 25, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

If your movie is a complete shit, then that's another good reason to you try to hide it, don't you think?

Look at the trailer of The Gallows, the movie is absolutely terrible, but Warner managed to make a terrific trailer, hiding everything about the movie, and it worked (for a while), the marketing went viral, and most of people thought it would be a good movie (there were some clubs here thinking that it could have been the next TC), a effective trailer for this movie could at least guarantee a good OW thanks to the brand, not anymore, I guess. 

The Gallows looked appealing. But it didn't work overall. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, filmlover said:

The ending to the trailer for this (with the plane) is so much of a Final Destination ripoff that I had to laugh.

IKR? And do you know what it's even worse? The trailer showed in Comic Con (that showed only the airplane part) seemed incredibly tense, but for some reason they screwed up and decided to release this complete shit.