Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

Thank God Bird's back as writer. If Tomorrowland bombs (an unfortunately likely occurrence), he'll probably direct it too! 

I dunno, Bird took a mainly dead franchise and made it one of the biggest box office successes of the year with Ghost Protocol so I wouldn't count Tomorrowland out. His track record is great so far.

• Like 3

I really hope they do the same as Toy Story 3 and HTTYD2, and start this story 5-13 years from the first one. I really want to know what's happened to these characters over the years.

For example, they could open with the Incredibles taking on the underminer. Then an opening-credits montage shows what happens to the characters over the years in a weird form of exposition and then the story starts.

On the other hand, we have Brad Bird. I'm fine with whatever he does. I'd watch this even if he left out the superpowers.

Edited by Chriss
  • Like 1

There is a good chance that memo is fake.

But yeah, I think they have no choice but to age them in real time. Unless they recast Dash and Violet, which would be a dumb idea that Brad would almost certainly not be on board with.

Seeing that they aged Andy up and got the same actor, I am sure the same thing will happen here.

Edited by TServo2049

I do think a real-time gap would be cool. It'd be really awesome to see the world with a resurgent of supers, with Dash and Violet as adults and successful superheroes on their own.

I think it would also be cool to see the era shift as well. The world in The Incredibles had that awesome, slick, 60's aesthetic to it. It'd be cool to see that same world aged with like an 80's atmosphere. 

Whatever the case, I'm really excited Bird is on board. Is it bad that I just want Tomorrowland to be over and done with so he can get on to this?