Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

1 minute ago, Ryaner90 said:

Hmm this is interesting. For the longest time I thought it was the critic who submitted whether the movie was rotten or not but this to me proves it's actually RT that decides it 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Fat chance. It ain’t coming close to Aiw.

I know summer start very early in box office talk, but Avengers was an april release, 

Summer start june 21, almost 2 full month after Avengers released.

Edited by Barnack

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

That and a season only has three months each.

Dec/Jan/Feb - Winter

Mar/Apr/May - Spring

Jun/Jul/Aug - Summer

Sep/Oct/Nov - Fall

Bingo! That's my seasonal breakdown too.

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Just saying, my club is closed now but to everyone who joined HERE WE GO THIS PUPPY IS GOING OVER FINDING DORY 

Also biggest animated OW ever.

39 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

That and a season only has three months each.

Dec/Jan/Feb - Winter

Mar/Apr/May - Spring

Jun/Jul/Aug - Summer

Sep/Oct/Nov - Fall

Movie seasons have worked differently since forever. 4 months for summer and winter, two for spring and fall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PNF2187 said:

I think the more confusing part is that Incredibles 2 has a HIGHER average score than The Incredibles and they still put that it "may not quite live up to the original".

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Well, Dreamworks’s Shrek 2 has this consensus: It may not be as fresh as the original, but topical humor and colorful secondary characters make Shrek 2 a winner in its own right.

How can it read ”May not be as fresh as the original”...despite having the exact same rating as its predecessor with 88% on RT? Kinda wonder why consensus aren’t changing if ratings go up or down.

Remember Big Hero 6 initially having a "...but pales in comparison to Disney's recent offerings" consensus at first despite having a higher rating than Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph and the same as Frozen. They changed it once more fresh reviews rolled in.

• Like 1

It's pedantic to set strict boundaries for the "summer movie season" but the spirit of it is kids getting ready for the end and then finishing the school year, having more free time and putting them and their families in the mood for escapism. Hence why it tends to start around the end of April/beginning of May and end around early August

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Remember Big Hero 6 initially having a "...but pales in comparison to Disney's recent offerings" consensus at first despite having a higher rating than Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph and the same as Frozen. They changed it once more fresh reviews rolled in.

That’s kind of bad oversight on their part, they shouldn’t draw the comparison until there’s a legitimate one to be made.  As of right now, you couldn’t make a legit claim that critic reviews for TI2 are worse than TI when they’re receiving about the same amount of acclaim (actually TI2 is a bit higher)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im starting to think this will trash Finding Dorys OW. 165M+ for me, 550M+ DOM total.

I also think Incredibles and JW will co-exist just fine, no matter how big they both are.

Let's not get to carried away.😉

I think it has a slim chance at crawling to 500M like Beauty and the Beast did.