Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

5 hours ago, Fanboy said:

I'm waiting for the day Metacritic bring in a critical consensus. They have a new "Metacritic must-see" certification that reminds of RT's Certified Fresh, so anything is possible I guess. 

The closest thing they have a critical consensus is the Editor's Pick on the front page that they only put for stuff that has reviews starting to roll out.

In case anyone didn't want to bother going to Metacritic to see: 

"Brad Bird's sequel to his 2004 Pixar hit The Incredibles may be almost as good as the original. It's out Friday."

The original had a 90, this one has an 83, so I guess the "consensus" makes more sense here, even though they probably just based it off the Metascore.

Edited by PNF2187
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pepsa said:

They are saving the year.

So when is this "Superhero Fatigue" taking place? I thought it was supposed to be here already...

Seems more like domination, than fatigue, to me

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

So when is this "Superhero Fatigue" taking place? I thought it was supposed to be here already...

Seems more like domination, than fatigue, to me

Tbf, Superhero Succes Fatigue will kick in faster than Superhero fatigue at the boxoffice itself 😛

It does appear that the biggest movies this summer, not even including IW, will all be superhero flicks outside of JWFK. DP2, AMatW and I2 will almost definitely be three of the top four in the summer blockbuster season. Counting only IW's grosses from 5/1 and onward, make it four of the top five.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

On 6/9/2018 at 5:15 PM, MrGlass2 said:

That sounds about right, except the OW will be a bit higher.

This thing is going to explode.🤯 

Deadline already predicts up to $150M... the explosion is happening.

$180M OW here we come. :sarah:

6 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

It does appear that the biggest movies this summer, not even including IW, will all be superhero flicks outside of JWFK. DP2, AMatW and I2 will almost definitely be three of the top four in the summer blockbuster season. Counting only IW's grosses from 5/1 and onward, make it four of the top five.

By the end of the year, 5 out of the top 6 movies domestically could be super hero movies 

Count Venom and Aquaman and suddenly 7 out of the top 10 movies domestically could be super hero movies 

:sparta:

6 minutes ago, DAR said:

I am kind of interested to see what previews are going to be like.  Is this going to play like a superhero film or a family film?

Realistically looking at 

superhero previews + family film internal multiplier = $$$

35 minutes ago, DAR said:

I am kind of interested to see what previews are going to be like.  Is this going to play like a superhero film or a family film?

I imagine previews won't be very higher. What the highest previews that a Pixar movie has ever posted? Dory? I don't recall what kind of preview number it posted.