Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

Disney is now asking theaters to warn people about the strobes. Good, that shit was intense. Another 10 seconds and half the theater would've probably been on the floor, including me. Twitter outcry actually got Disney's attention.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Disney is likely smelling the franchise potential now. . . 

I actually feel really sorry for Bird right now. The execs and fans are never going to leave him alone now for I3, and I'm pretty sure he'd prefer not to think about it for a solid two decades lol. Won't be shocked if I3 happens w/o him, unless the paycheck is too irresistible for him. Execs aren't waiting 15 years though this time, not with the biggest animated film ever on their hands. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I actually feel really sorry for Bird right now. The execs and fans are never going to leave him alone now for I3, and I'm pretty sure he'd prefer not to think about it for a solid two decades lol. Won't be shocked if I3 happens w/o him, unless the paycheck is too irresistible for him. Execs aren't waiting 15 years though this time, not with the biggest animated film ever on their hands. 

pixar say TS4 will be their last sequel for a long time, i think they will maintain that

especially because they already have movies planned until 2022, and probably other movies in development right now...

plus, TS3 become the highest gross animated movie ever back in 2010 and still, they wait 9 years to release another movie...

considering their calendar, the time for making an animation, an the fact Bird is probably make at least 1 movie before thinking in I3, i think we could easily expect another 8 years or more to see another sequel [and i doubt this will hurt the BO potential]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jandrew said:

Disney is now asking theaters to warn people about the strobes. Good, that shit was intense. Another 10 seconds and half the theater would've probably been on the floor, including me. Twitter outcry actually got Disney's attention.

Agree. I can't believe that scene made the movie. It's only a matter of time until someone uploads YT footage of someone having a seizure. There was no reason it had to be that intense.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

pixar say TS4 will be their last sequel for a long time, i think they will maintain that

especially because they already have movies planned until 2022, and probably other movies in development right now...

plus, TS3 become the highest gross animated movie ever back in 2010 and still, they wait 9 years to release another movie...

considering their calendar, the time for making an animation, an the fact Bird is probably make at least 1 movie before thinking in I3, i think we could easily expect another 8 years or more to see another sequel [and i doubt this will hurt the BO potential]

I expect we'll see at least one more sequel in the 2020s. There's a lot more uncertainty now at the studio; not just with Lasseter leaving but also Bird and Stanton pursuing other interests (though I wonder if Stanton might decide to come back full-time since he's apparently assumed Lasseter's role on Toy Story 4). Their attempts to bring new talent to the helm have so far been met with mixed results and I think they'll have a lot more Good Dinosaurs on the horizon and may truly need to greenlight something safe to keep themselves solvent. 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I expect we'll see at least one more sequel in the 2020s. There's a lot more uncertainty now at the studio; not just with Lasseter leaving but also Bird and Stanton pursuing other interests (though I wonder if Stanton might decide to come back full-time since he's apparently assumed Lasseter's role on Toy Story 4). Their attempts to bring new talent to the helm have so far been met with mixed results and I think they'll have a lot more Good Dinosaurs on the horizon and may truly need to greenlight something safe to keep themselves solvent. 

i think Lasseter leaving Pixar will actually helps a lot... Docter / Stanton will be better for Pixar now than Lasseter in the past years

and in my opinion their mixed days is over, i don't think we'll see movies like the good dinosaur or monster university again for a long time... apparently they took their lessons from the mistakes

the new talents they bring it's not the problem, the studio itself loose their focus, but i really have the impression they recovered... mark andrews have a original movie in works [this time he's not trying to "save a movie" like he did on the problematic production of Brave], brian fee is also working in a original movie, and he made a good job in Cars 3 considering the situation of the franchise, pete docter is also working in a original movie and i completely trust on him, dan scanlon made the terrible monsters university but his original suburban fantasy seems really great 

i can see a incredibles 3 or other sequel in the mid 2020's, but i don't think they will actually need it, they just passed for a bad time, like Disney and other studios already passed and recovered

• Like 1

They have to make I3, they just have to omg

I left the theater feeling sad actually, sad that it was over and I got to wait god knows how many years yet again for the next one

Also the voice cast isn't getting any younger, I could already tell Bob and Helen's voices were a bit older

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, two is fine, but I can go without a third.

2 hours ago, Royce said:

They have to make I3, they just have to omg

I left the theater feeling sad actually, sad that it was over and I got to wait god knows how many years yet again for the next one

Also the voice cast isn't getting any younger, I could already tell Bob and Helen's voices were a bit older

Well, I believe for the longest time the reason we didn't get many sequels was because of Lasseter. Now that he's leaving at the end of the year. . .. . 

6 hours ago, Jandrew said:

Yeah, there were signs all over the theater yesterday warning people about that scene. That was pretty wild for an animated movie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Was thinking last night that if Pixar were to continue the franchise, I wouldn’t totally be against a Frozone spinoff.

Those half-dozen superheroes they introduced seemed totally primed for Disney to create a spin-off show about them considering how little they get to do.

(P.S. Reflux might be the greatest superhero ever)

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Those half-dozen superheroes they introduced seemed to totally primed for Disney to create a spin-off show about them considering how little they get to do.

(P.S. Reflux might be the greatest superhero ever)

I can see them doing that for their streaming service. 

Reflux needs a damn solo movie though.

• Like 1