Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

Do you guys think Pixar is going the Toy Story route with the 3rd installment having a considerable time jump? I‘m sure Pixar has something like that in mind for the sequel, otherwise they‘d have already done that in I2.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Giesi said:

Do you guys think Pixar is going the Toy Story route with the 3rd installment having a considerable time jump? I‘m sure Pixar has something like that in mind for the sequel, otherwise they‘d have already done that in I2.

Bird said recently the whole conceit of their powers was dependent on their ages; 10 year olds are energetic, teenagers are insecure, the patriarchal father figure, babies having the potential for everything, etc. So Bird doesn't seem to want to go that route if they ever do get to a third one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Bird has to be happy he doesn't have to deal with toxic SW fans.

JJ is practically worshiped in the fanbase at this point. I really can't see someone like Bird having a vision for SW that would upset tons of fans. If you watch Looper, you could already tell that's a director that had the potential to be very divisive with a huge franchise like SW

14 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

JJ is practically worshiped in the fanbase at this point. 

What for? Making an identical film to the original? 

Jesus in heaven, Star Wars fans suck.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Tomorrowland is great stop hating

While I will admit that the film was very flawed and uneven, I will say that oh my god, that World's Fair prologue was amazing. I was certain that this was going to be everything I hoped it would be...

3 hours ago, AJG said:

What for? Making an identical film to the original? 

Jesus in heaven, Star Wars fans suck.

I'm not going to derail the thread with a lengthy post on why TFA was much better recieved than TLJ, suffice it to say the comment I replied to implied that anyone involved with Disney's SW would have had to endure the wrath of the fans. Clearly not true. Abrams and even Edwards are proof of that. Johnson is more of the problem than most of the fans are. None of this massive division over SW was going on before him, it's not just a coincidence. I doubt Bird would have done anything half as divisive as RJ. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm not going to derail the thread with a lengthy post on why TFA was much better recieved than TLJ, suffice it to say the comment I replied to implied that anyone involved with Disney's SW would have had to endure the wrath of the fans. Clearly not true. Abrams and even Edwards are proof of that. Johnson is more of the problem than most of the fans are. None of this massive division over SW was going on before him, it's not just a coincidence. I doubt Bird would have done anything half as divisive as RJ. 

And the comment you're replying to is saying that SW fans suck because they hold up TFA as a pinnacle of glory when it itself sucks as it is a pale imitation of the original. TFA is only for fans. The OS of TLJ, if not the DOM run also, shows that it failed to really capture any new ones in most markets. 

That is not necessarily a bad thing: look at Harry Potter/Twilight that subsisted only of fans, however, it is always how the fanbase carries themselves and arrogance when you have the last 5 movies of the "core series" sucking is not a welcomed expression of fandom.

9 hours ago, TMP said:

Bird said recently the whole conceit of their powers was dependent on their ages; 10 year olds are energetic, teenagers are insecure, the patriarchal father figure, babies having the potential for everything, etc. So Bird doesn't seem to want to go that route if they ever do get to a third one.

It's comments like these that make me disappointed in what Incredibles 2 was. Clearly a lot of thought went into the original, but the sequel is lacklustre in following up on that. 

Yes, it makes sense that their powers "remained" as they are considering no time passes between the two films, but was that really the best story they could tell? 

Btw I find it sad that the Review threads are so sparsely replied to in comparison to the BO threads (about reviews, or opinions, which aren't very comprehensive due to censoring). If only forums had the possibility of splitting links in the title, as I assume posters decline to discuss in the Review forum because it means more clicks.

Edited by BK007

Finally watched this. My friends and I loved it.  So good! Jack Jack is my spirit animal. I do think it’s funnier than the first and will be as rewatchable. 

The Bao short was great. So sweet and made me cry. 😢

• Like 2

On 6/29/2018 at 11:23 AM, meriodejaneiro said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but isn't there a "bad list" of movies loosing 100M+ from ow to 2nd we? Has I2 been discussed over that point? It went from 182M to 80M.

By that definition all but two $200m+ openers would be on that list.

On 6/29/2018 at 11:23 AM, meriodejaneiro said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but isn't there a "bad list" of movies loosing 100M+ from ow to 2nd we? Has I2 been discussed over that point? It went from 182M to 80M.

Most high openers are on that list.

The list would be as followed for highest drops form Ow to 2nd we, all drops above $80M (films that opened over $200M, dropped less than 50%, films that opened below $150M)

The Last Jedi: $148,444,086

Infinity War: $142,923,373

Harry Potter 8: $121,767,215

Batman v Superman: $114,672,093

Age of Ultron: $113,524,180

CA3 Civil War: $106,502,000

Avengers: $104,386,434

Incredibles 2: $102,340,254

Jurassic World: $102,217,830

Iron Man 3: $101,618,970

Twilight New Moon: $99,969,106

The Dark Knight Rises: $98,785,844

The Force Awakens: $98,763,815

Twilight Breaking Dawn 2: $97,426,186

Twilight Breaking Dawn 1: $96,438,687

The Hunger Games: $93,984,684

Spider-Man 3: $92,950,260

Rogue One: $91,047,913

Black Panther: $90,345,116

Suicide Squad: $90,146,235

JW2: $88-89M

Furious 7: $87,601,110

Beauty and the Beast: $84,323,899

Catching Fire: $83,894,685

The Dark Knight: $83,245,017

Deadpool 2: $82,044,110

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2: $81,246,612

So I2 had the eight highest drop.

Especially TFA and BP drop are impressive, as TFA dropped less than New Moon and TFAs 2nd we was above New Moons Ow and BP also dropped less than Breaking Dawn 1 & 2.

• Like 1

Brad Bird pouring his heart out in the central motivational speech of the bad guy was beautiful and endearing.

After Tomorrow Land, we really know where he stands politically.

Edited by The Futurist