Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

Looks to be another big critical win for Pixar (90%+ RT). Let's see how long they can keep this streak going now, since the last time they've had back to back 90%+ films was way back with Toy Story 3.

• Like 1

This is shaping well to be the bigger summer film since AIW doesn't count. Top 3 Dom movies 2018 from Disney. WIR2 could make it to top 5 behind JW2. As far as global gross is concerend JW2 could interfere with I2 and WIR2 (am expecting a big breakout for Ralph) but 4 out of top 5 movies nevertheless could be Disney.

Edited by A2k Rex

So pumped for this and I'm so glad I got tickets to the double showing on Wednesday. It's sounding like the trailers are hiding the juicy stuff which is pretty typical for Pixar. The Incredibles is one of my favorite Pixar movies (top 3 on a good day) and I've wanted a sequel ever since I walked out of the theater. I just hope Frozone gets more to do here than the first one.

Definitely feeling like ~Incredibles 1 adjusted is a lock now. There really has been a dearth of kids movies this year, hasn't there? Been really driven home by the onslaught of new trailers this week.

I'm still not prepared to say it'll challenge Finding Dory yet, but right now I'm thinking it's up to 30% from 10%

13 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

I completely agree with the second sentence, I could see a potential plot with a 3rd movie

If they still don't want to age them up, maybe there'd be a new villain(s) discovering about Jack-Jack's many powers and limitless potential and kidnaps him to exploit his powers (could even get dark with the villain turning Jack-Jack against his own family or something dramatic like that, but then that would work better if he ages up)

Saw Incredibles 2 tonight at one of the AMC advance screenings. It’s great. The story isn’t as strong as the first, but it makes up for it by advancing and challenging already established character dynamics. Action is good. humor is top-notch, especially in the second act, which had my theater rolling and will resonate with anyone who’s ever been in a family (which is almost everyone).

There are some scenes I feel should have an acompying epeleptic warning...

Edited by OncomingStorm93
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Saw Incredibles 2 tonight at one of the AMC advance screenings. It’s great. The story isn’t as strong as the first, but it makes up for it by advancing and challenging already established character dynamics. Action is good. humor is top-notch, especially in the second act, which had my theater rolling and will resonate with anyone who’s ever been in a family (which is almost everyone).

There are some scenes I feel should have an acompying epeleptic warning...

Wow that's great! How would you rate it out of 10?

4 minutes ago, korrasami said:

Wow that's great! How would you rate it out of 10?

Too fresh for a number. It’s great. Didn’t walk out thinking there were any major flaws. Main thing that irks me is that the core narrative isn’t as focused as it was in the first film. But that’s a tall ask.

After nearly the same ows, the difference in Incredibles and Nemo's 1st run grosses was larger than expected.

Nemo : 70.25 ow 339.7dom (4.83x)

Incredibles : 70.5 ow 261.4 dom (3.71x)

Nemo was path-breaking imo and the animated ocean world was cinematic event but still feel Incredibles should have done more. Maybe it was ahead of it's times like some say and a bit grown-up compared to other CG animations but now in the CBM era and after CG animation has matured so much, it's time for I2 to reap it's rewards on behalf of Incredibles too. I liked Dory but was far from A tier Pixar and would be intresting to see how close I2 comes to Dory's 486 dom.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Too fresh for a number. It’s great. Didn’t walk out thinking there were any major flaws. Main thing that irks me is that the core narrative isn’t as focused as it was in the first film. But that’s a tall ask.

I'll take that! Can't wait! You're so lucky to have seen it early!