Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

5 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Im going to be insane and say 180m OW / 705m DOM

That would  mean Disney would have three films that would make over 2 billion domestically.   

Edited by DAR

44 minutes ago, DAR said:

I'd love it if this reached 500 million.   But I'm just not sure.   Right now I'm thinking about a 140 OW a finish somewhere in about the 430 range

Anything is possible, but those would be poor legs for a Pixar film. That would be only a 3.07 multiplier. Finding Dory, even with it's huge $135M opening, scored a 3.6 multiplier. Only $430M off a $140M weekend seems low - but maybe you're right, Jurassic World does open on its second weekend.

Peace,
Mike

20 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

A lot of people online (not in BOT) couldn't understand how Finding Dory did so well so they assume because The Incredibles is more beloved on the internet that The Incredibles 2 should at least match or exceed Dory. 

7. The Incredibles,

Number of Copies Sold: 19 million

2. The Lion King

Number of Copies Sold: 31 million

1. Finding Nemo,

Number of Copies Sold: 41 million

If they knew the above:

Best sellings dvd of all times by a huge margin, 200%+ of the Incredibles.

And this:

Nemo re-release was quite above Monster Inc, and toy story/story 2, about the same has Phantom Menace.

It would have been less surprising.
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Happy for Docter, he’s my favorite of the big Pixar names.

I got a sick feelng some more shit about Lassiter and his actions toward women is going to be coming out.

And the Weinstein scandal chalsk up another one.

• Like 1

If anything it's more like an attempt to reach a compromise and help him go quietly. His image has already been permanently tarnished and there's no way people are ever going to respect him like they used to, either inside or outside of Pixar. But he is still the master creative voice of the Toy Story franchise and I guess they wanted to avoid further public conflict that might've resulted from completely removing him from that role.

2 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

"Nobody panics when things go according to plan, even if the plan is horrifying. All these superhero movies grossing $300-400m back to back and nobody panics, because it's all apart of the plan. But one, little ole Black Panther grosses $700 and suddenly Panda loses his mind!"

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, MikeQ said:

Anything is possible, but those would be poor legs for a Pixar film. That would be only a 3.07 multiplier. Finding Dory, even with it's huge $135M opening, scored a 3.6 multiplier. Only $430M off a $140M weekend seems low - but maybe you're right, Jurassic World does open on its second weekend.

Peace,
Mike

Yeah maybe it will go higher.  Hopefully so

17 hours ago, BK007 said:

Most logical post here. 

I don't think Toy Story 3 outgrossed 2 though? It lost in admissions that I know.

That's very debatable. We'd need to know exact 3D share for it, and unfortunately we don't. It adjusts to 50m more than TS2, which means it certainly could have beat its admissions unless it had a very high 3D share. And not many animated films ever have. I'd say with a total 3D share of 45% or less, it wins in admissions. 

Edited by MovieMan89

23 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

That's very debatable. We'd need to know exact 3D share for it, and unfortunately we don't. It adjusts to 50m more than TS2, which means it certainly could have beat its admissions unless it had a very high 3D share. And not many animated films ever have. I'd say with a total 3D share of 45% or less, it wins in admissions. 

It cam came out when 3D was still hot and most of its showinns were in 3D

TS3's 3D share OW was 60% and it's second weekend 57%. Theaters had less 3D capable tech then so it's safe to say that number continued to slowly trickle down as other 3D films opened. BOM said in their end of the year report it was basically even in attendance with TS1 but behind TS2.

I really expected that to break out to like $450-500M at the time but it came a fair amount short. That's why I'm hesitant to assume what I2 will do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

As others have articulated above me, it had a really high share. 

I only remember the fact it lost so well because my old Toy Story 3 > Titanic club was such a massive failure and one of the reasons I didn't think was possible (less admissions) happened. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

What's the point of making a prediction like this though? 

Without any articulation of why, we might as well talk about our dreams & wishes for films to make more than they would because we like them and that invalidates the purpose of the forum.