Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Really cool to see another sequel live up to the expectation/hype of the first. Rare to see it happen so it's pretty cool that we've gotten a couple this year alone that are as good as the first :) 

True. The few times it happened if we’re comparing Pixar-films....was with TS2, TS3 & FD.

And i love those films...that’s why i’m emotionally attached to them. So it’s cool to see Incredibles 2 being another great Pixar sequel in the collection.

• Like 3

Incredibles 2 has the better RT average rating and metacritic score than Finding Dory but compare the RT Critics Consensus. 

Critics Consensus: Incredibles 2 reunites Pixar's family crime fighting team for a long-awaited follow-up that may not quite live up to the original, but comes close enough to earn its name.

Critics Consensus: Funny, poignant, and thought-provoking, Finding Dory delivers a beautifully animated adventure that adds another entertaining chapter to its predecessor's classic story.

You'd think Incredibles 2 underdelivered reading that consensus. I imagine Pixar/Disney won't be too happy reading that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zhu2 said:

Incredibles 2 has the better RT average rating and metacritic score than Finding Dory but compare the RT Critics Consensus. 

Critics Consensus: Incredibles 2 reunites Pixar's family crime fighting team for a long-awaited follow-up that may not quite live up to the original, but comes close enough to earn its name.

Critics Consensus: Funny, poignant, and thought-provoking, Finding Dory delivers a beautifully animated adventure that adds another entertaining chapter to its predecessor's classic story.

You'd think Incredibles 2 underdelivered reading that consensus. I imagine Pixar/Disney won't be too happy reading that.

Who is writing the critic consensus for RT lately the one for Jurrassic World 2 is laughable

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zhu2 said:

I'm sure once the box office results start coming in, they won't care 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zhu2 said:

I think the more confusing part is that Incredibles 2 has a HIGHER average score than The Incredibles and they still put that it "may not quite live up to the original".

Either way, it's good to know that Pixar finally has two back-to-back 90%+ fllms again. It's the first time in eight years.

Edited by PNF2187
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, zhu2 said:

Well, Dreamworks’s Shrek 2 has this consensus: It may not be as fresh as the original, but topical humor and colorful secondary characters make Shrek 2 a winner in its own right.

How can it read ”May not be as fresh as the original”...despite having the exact same rating as its predecessor with 88% on RT? Kinda wonder why consensus aren’t changing if ratings go up or down.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, zhu2 said:

Finding Dory was meh. I have no idea why people loved it as much as they did but whatever I guess. 

• Like 2