Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Hmm this is interesting. For the longest time I thought it was the critic who submitted whether the movie was rotten or not but this to me proves it's actually RT that decides it 

According to the RT editor it's about half and half.  Most of the blogger and/or strictly online sites add their review and score.  RT adds most of the major sites and publications themselves 

1 hour ago, movieboner said:

How is that Variety review rotten when it has a 70 score on Metacritic?

Because MC reads the review (or mostly just skims the first paragraph) and assigns a score when the reviewer doesn't have a score.  This means for most of the major publications that they weigh heavily against others have scores given by MC (Variety, THR, The Wrap, NY Times, LA Times, New Yorker, Village Voice, TIME, Slate etc etc)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

According to the RT editor it's about half and half.  Most of the blogger and/or strictly online sites add their review and score.  RT adds most of the major sites and publications themselves 

Because MC reads the review (or mostly just skims the first paragraph) and assigns a score when the reviewer doesn't have a score.  This means for most of the major publications that they weigh heavily against others have scores given by MC (Variety, THR, The Wrap, NY Times, LA Times, New Yorker, Village Voice, TIME, Slate etc etc)

Ah makes sense, still weird how RT interprets it as rotten when Singer himself said he liked it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

Bingo! That's my seasonal breakdown too.

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

Bingo! That's my seasonal breakdown too.

Pretty clear that as far as film releasing goes, Spring and Summer have merged.

Word of advice, before you see “Incredibles 2”, watch the first film, or at least the last five minutes, because right when the movie begins, the Parr family wastes absolutely no time getting to work. The time jump between this and the predecessor has to be the shortest time jump in cinema since “The Raid 2.” The film literally starts off mere seconds after the events of the first so as we were aging for the past 14 years, the Parrs stayed the same. Well, not really. Since it has been 14 years, the resources and advancement of technology used for animation has changed. And Pixar has once again knocked it out of the park in animation standards.

FULL REVIEW: https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//incredibles-2-review

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, rjones1325 said:

Word of advice, before you see “Incredibles 2”, watch the first film, or at least the last five minutes, because right when the movie begins, the Parr family wastes absolutely no time getting to work. The time jump between this and the predecessor has to be the shortest time jump in cinema since “The Raid 2.” The film literally starts off mere seconds after the events of the first so as we were aging for the past 14 years, the Parrs stayed the same. Well, not really. Since it has been 14 years, the resources and advancement of technology used for animation has changed. And Pixar has once again knocked it out of the park in animation standards.

FULL REVIEW: https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//incredibles-2-review

$200M+ OW DOM confirmed. Get ready!

Kidding aside, I'm sticking with my prediction of just over/under Guardians Vol. 2's OW DOM - $146.5M.

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

What a fucking awful consensus for such a well reviewed film. Utterly ridiculous.

I think the consensus is pretty good? It's basically saying it might not be as good as the beloved first film, but it's still incredible.