Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

6 minutes ago, BK007 said:

What would be the difference between this and Toy Story 3? 

I haven't seen it, but if it's good, I would hope you would be right, but I don't see where the distinction between TI2 and TS3/FD is. 

Why would TI2 outopen them to such a degree and/or have even better legs? 

My only explanation, if it were to happen, would be that people seem to have wanted a sequel to TI since it was released whereas were probably only happily surprised for TS3 and maybe a little weary about Dory. But then it would be one of the first times where the Internet crowd made such a difference for BO and gross as that is almost non-existent. The Internet overrates and overrepresents. 

The difference is TS3 was far more mature than I2 is and not as humor reliant. The difference is Dory never had the adult appeal this will because Nemo never had the adult fanbase Incredibles does. 

The best comp I can make for I2 after seeing it is Shrek 2. I remember seeing Shrek 2 for the first time on a Sat and the audience just ate it up. Kids love to laugh, and they will be laughing in this one. For as much as I like the first, it has very few genuine belly laughs. This one is all about those. 

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

The difference is TS3 was far more mature than I2 is and not as humor reliant. The difference is Dory never had the adult appeal this will because Nemo never had the adult fanbase Incredibles does. 

The best comp I can make for I2 after seeing it is Shrek 2. I remember seeing Shrek 2 for the first time on a Sat and the audience just ate it up. Kids love to laugh, and they will be laughing in this one. For as much as I like the first, it has very few genuine belly laughs. This one is all about those. 

Nemo had far more adult appeal than Incredibles

• Disbelief 1

18 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Nemo had far more adult appeal than Incredibles

It really doesn't. It has strong themes and is pretty dark at times, but Incredibles is literally a dissection of contemporary family life in form of a superhero movie. That's as adult-appealing as mainstream animation can get.

• Like 1

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

It really doesn't. It has strong themes and is pretty dark at times, but Incredibles is literally a dissection of contemporary family life in form of a superhero movie. That's as adult-appealing as mainstream animation can get.

lmao

its just a superhero movie. nobody over the age of 24 cares.

2 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

lmao

its just a superhero movie. nobody over the age of 24 cares.

And yet the two biggest films of the year are both superhero films, and yet Pixar typically has a far bigger adult audience than the majority of animated films. Not sure where you're getting your formula :huh:

And Incredibles really is not "just" a superhero film. That's like saying Inside Out is "just" a cute adventure film.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

But more adults liked finding nemo which kind of puts a flaw in your theory.

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

And yet the two biggest films of the year are both superhero films, and yet Pixar typically has a far bigger adult audience than the majority of animated films. Not sure where you're getting your formula :huh:

And Incredibles really is not "just" a superhero film. That's like saying Inside Out is "just" a cute adventure film.

if both the biggest films of the year are superhero films then why hasn't Deadpool 2 grossed 600M even though its really well liked? what a flop!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

What about Sausage Party :redcapes:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Here is their US Google Trend data since 2004. Nemo has for the most part trended higher even during the "downtime". Think it's safe to say the discrepancy would be even higher worldwide

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=Finding nemo,The Incredibles

Most people don't put the "The". Makes a big difference:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=Finding nemo,Incredibles

Now they're almost identical, however from 2014 onwards Incredibles was higher, except when Finding Dory released

Incredibles has always been on the back end of more popular animations like nemo and Shrek. Only thing that makes me think he can do well is the superhero genre's popularity right now. But anyone who think incredible had more adult appeal than nemo or even Shrek are delusional 

It is plain sense to say that Incredibles is less popular than Finding Nemo. Nemo sold more tickets at the cinema and then sold more dvds at home. I don't understand how there is a debate.

32 minutes ago, Jessie said:

But more adults liked finding nemo which kind of puts a flaw in your theory.

Did they, though? Because Finding Dory, according to this article, had 26% of adult audiences on OW (and 9% teens); while Incredibles 2 not only has probably the biggest social media activity ever for any animated film, but also by far the biggest pre-sales ever for the genre (bigger than some Marvel films), which clearly indicates that it appeals to adults/older audiences, the ones who typically drive pre-sales, a lot more than Dory did. I'm not gonna disagree that Nemo was more popular than TI (and I, as an adult, find it better than TI too), but considering that Incredibles actually built a fanbase while Dory's demographic was especially young, I think your theory is flawed when you say that Nemo had more adult appeal. Though I'm not saying I2 will beat Dory (there's a chance it's a frontloaded movie).

46 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

What about Sausage Party :redcapes:

I should've reworded it: mainstream family-friendly animation :redcapes:

14 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Did they, though? Because Finding Dory, according to this article, had 26% of adult audiences on OW (and 9% teens); while Incredibles 2 not only has probably the biggest social media activity ever for any animated film, but also by far the biggest pre-sales ever for the genre (bigger than some Marvel films), which clearly indicates that it appeals to adults/older audiences, the ones who typically drive pre-sales, a lot more than Dory did. I'm not gonna disagree that Nemo was more popular than TI (and I, as an adult, find it better than TI too), but considering that Incredibles actually built a fanbase while Dory's demographic was especially young, I think your theory is flawed when you say that Nemo had more adult appeal. Though I'm not saying I2 will beat Dory (there's a chance it's a frontloaded movie).

I should've reworded it: mainstream family-friendly animation :redcapes:

The articles is irrelevant as they only use a tiny fraction of cinema goers for their surveys. Fact is, Nemo made 1b and almost 500m domestic 13 years after it's originals release, clearly that's adult appeal. More impressively Nemo was hardly a story that needed a sequel, unlike the incredibles or Toy Story.

Incredible has less fans, they are just louder 

TS3, Coco, IO A-grade Pixar this decade imo, in that order.

Dory, Brave, MU solid Bs.

Cars3 and TGD follow.

Cars2 in a league of it's own.

We are getting I2 but hope some day we get Rata2ille. Don't think it will happen though.

Edited by a2k