Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah I’m not saying only kids and families will like it. Just that I think it’s more tailored for that audience this time than the first, which I’ve always believed struggled a bit with family WOM because of its mature tone. It did open as high as Nemo but made like 80m less total.

Okay yeah, it's definitely not as mature or dark as the first one (although they seemed to make a little joke about that - maybe even a poke at DC lol)

44 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

@DeeCee what does this mean?

Not sure.  Under Finding Dory.

Actually, a Cars 3 multiplyer gives the OW around Dory numbers.  Although Cars 3 was only AUD245k on the Thursday.

Not sure what OD Dory had.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Blankments said:

Really enjoyed it, but it's lacking the depth of the first film in a ton of ways that it feels weird waiting 14 years for it. Might warm up to it more on rewatch (which is happening on Saturday woo)

Lacks the emotional and thematic beats of the first. Should've pushed the big bad's motivation more effectively. That said, holy fuck can Bird stage action beats. Huge fun. Good stuff.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Not sure.  Under Finding Dory.

Actually, a Cars 3 multiplyer gives the OW around Dory numbers.  Although Cars 3 was only AUD245k on the Thursday.

Not sure what OD Dory had.

DM3 gets it to 15M.

6 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Spare me the condescending attitude. Why is there not a weekend thread?

Same as always; we don't have any numbers yet.

We've had early weekend threads the last couple of weeks but none of the staff have had the time to put one together yet so we'll just throw one up once we get some preview numbers.

• ...wtf 1

I saw the film yesterday at the Double Feature Event and it was great! Still prefer the first to this, however only by a small margin (This may in part be due to watching it directly after the first film). This movie while having a good amount of cliches, had many mature aspects to make up for them and most importantly situations ANY family can relate to, in regards to the parents' relationship and the relationship between Bob and the kids (specifically Violet who goes through boy trouble). It was very realistic and gave me a warm feeling. On a side note, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Violet in this film. She's really matured some, especially in regards to her powers. Other than that, the movie is HILARIOUS, funnier than the first. Jack-Jack and Edna provide the most laughter with Bob providing a good amount of laughs as well. And the action! Breaktaking! I got chills at multiple occasions watching them. The way they use Elastigirl's elasticity is BEAUTIFUL and the same goes with Violet. 

Also, come on, after watching the ending, you can't say that they won't make a third film, like they HAVE to. The film makers and Bird must have been thinking of a third film while creating that scene. They have to have. 

Just please....I don't want wait until I'm 32 to watch the third film (I'm 18). I'm good with a solid 6 years. I actually believe the third film could be the BEST of the bunch because this film really felt like an middle chapter and extension of the first one. 

Edited by Arlo245
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1