Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

OMG! After +$180 million opening, with lack of competition this summer (only Hotel Transylvania 3 opens month away, Christopher Robin in August), great reviews and great audience reception ("A+" on CinemaScore, 8.6 on IMDb) this should easily broke $600 million domestically as a third movie this year!!

:ohmygod::ohmygod:

A predictable failure.

Visuals were ugly, boring and outdated even 15 years ago. A sequel most useless and 12 years late. Script was no better. Why would someone watch THIS - instead of masterpieces of the 7th art like Deadpool and Thor 3??!! Maybe last century, when Pixar was still something hip and relevant - but NOW?? Fucking makes no sense.

PS: Wouldn't PIXAR shut down already?? Seriously...

Edited by shayhiri
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

A predictable failure.

Visuals were ugly, boring and outdated even 15 years ago. A sequel most useless and 12 years late. Script was no better. Why would someone watch THIS - instead of masterpieces of the 7th art like Deadpool and Thor 3??!! Maybe 30 years ago, when Pixar was still something hip and relevant - but NOW?? Fucking makes no sense.

Shay hating it is a seal of approval and a testament for why it’ll hold well in my books

13 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Why would someone watch THIS

People that ask that question when having watched the movie (first weekend!) without being professional critics needing too for their jobs, should have a good idea, ask The Shay why he did, he will give The Shay a clue why people watch this.

• Haha 1

Lol, no. The Shay watches everything. He is the original "professional cinema-goer" - and not for a job, but just for fun.

So I prefer not to be bored by overhyped mediocrities while doing it. :)

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

LOl, no. The Shay watches everything

Do you live in a city ? If so is it like in america and do you watch like 450 to 700 new release a year, more than 1 new movie a days in theater in average ? Or you get less of them, making watching everything possible ?

Yes and no. I live in the capital and watch movies in the best theatre - but it is a small, shitty country (Bulgaria) and we don't get that much good movies in cinemas. So I go to the cinema 2 or 3 times a week, on average - and even that is because I like seeing good-looking movies more than once.

Some years ago though I went to live in Dublin, for 18 months - with the sole intention of seeing movies, which made the Shay "the first cinema tourist in the world". :) Now, there - I was watching like TWO movies A DAY!! (Though Ireland is also a small, shitty country.)

1 hour ago, shayhiri said:

A predictable failure.

Visuals were ugly, boring and outdated even 15 years ago. A sequel most useless and 12 years late. Script was no better. Why would someone watch THIS - instead of masterpieces of the 7th art like Deadpool and Thor 3??!! Maybe last century, when Pixar was still something hip and relevant - but NOW?? Fucking makes no sense.

Congratulations, you locked this film for $700M.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

During that long flashing scene in I2... I just looked away.

Thanks to the warning by the theater that posted that note at the ticket window.

Hmmm...seems really stupid to include a scene that might induce seizures, especially in a kid's movie.  Might have a slight negative effect on the box office.

3 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Yes and no. I live in the capital and watch movies in the best theatre - but it is a small, shitty country (Bulgaria) and we don't get that much good movies in cinemas. So I go to the cinema 2 or 3 times a week, on average - and even that is because I like seeing good-looking movies more than once.

Some years ago though I went to live in Dublin, for 18 months - with the sole intention of seeing movies, which made the Shay "the first cinema tourist in the world". :) Now, there - I was watching like TWO movies A DAY!! (Though Ireland is also a small, shitty country.)

*ties shay to a chair, makes him watch A Wrinkle in Time on an endless loop*

7 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

*ties shay to a chair, makes him watch A Wrinkle in Time on an endless loop*

They never imported this movie (like many others) - for being a flop - so I couldn't see it. :(

So I can't get the reference, unfortunately.

Movie is not the knockout I hoped for but it’s still a good time. The villain is a lotta meh. Action is fantastic. Comedy is great. Family dynamic that made the first shine isn’t that strong here: Dash is underserved; Violet is a cliche. I think more time with the kids could’ve benefited this thing.

• Like 1