Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

3 minutes ago, Ryaner90 said:

Hmmm seems a bit late, any word on reviews and embargos lifting ?

No word yet, but I'd imagine it would probably be on the 8th, given Dory had its premiere on the 8th and the embargo lifted on the 10th - 7 days before release.

The latest date I can envision would probably be a Cars 3-type embargo, on the 11th.

3 hours ago, Ryaner90 said:

Well considering its Pixar and there is no word on reviews or even a premiere date 3 weeks out, I would put a big ? next to those great reviews, even cars 3 had some word on how it was by now

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if critics didn't like it The weird reaction people had when they said they were not doing a time jump and the reaction the fact the movie will focus on elasti-girl was pretty telling for me

premiere june 5th

there's nothing wrong with reviews, reviews for Dory also is out kinda late and still have 94% on RT [and i guess I2 will do even better, i bet Disney/Pixar is hiding almost the entire plot of the movie]

and the ""weird"" reaction doesn't seem to really affect the movie, since the buzz around it is great and the tracking is already at + $ 140M

It has a danger of being dated already. 

Taking place right after the original, which was already 14 years ago and animated years before that, just doesn't give me confidence.

I've been anticipating a sequel since 2004, but from what I've seen, it looks incredibly disappointing. 

Focusing on Elastigirl but in the same timeframe, feels like a franchise that has run out of ideas, the old different locale switcheroo. Will Incredibles 3 be focusing on same-aged Dash and Violet? Pass. 

The corporate villain is so passe and really, as I have said, the trailer just makes the premise dated.

The Incredibles was released in an environment without many uber superhero successes. It was a different take and it worked.

Fast forward to today, and though it still holds up in the face of the deluge of other superheroes and franchises, its sequel just seems lost in DTV town and suffering from the common sequelitis disease. 

I expected a lot more from Brad Bird, another revolutionary take, but it seems he's out of juice- and Pixar has been for awhile too. Save Inside Out and Coco, their sequels have all been pointless endeavours and their meddling spoiled the other originals. Pixar is a far cry away from its heydays. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Taking place right after the original, which was already 14 years ago and animated years before that, just doesn't give me confidence.

I've been anticipating a sequel since 2004, but from what I've seen, it looks incredibly disappointing. 

Focusing on Elastigirl but in the same timeframe, feels like a franchise that has run out of ideas, the old different locale switcheroo. Will Incredibles 3 be focusing on same-aged Dash and Violet? Pass. 

The corporate villain is so passe and really, as I have said, the trailer just makes the premise dated.

The Incredibles was released in an environment without many uber superhero successes. It was a different take and it worked.

Fast forward to today, and though it still holds up in the face of the deluge of other superheroes and franchises, its sequel just seems lost in DTV town and suffering from the common sequelitis disease. 

I expected a lot more from Brad Bird, another revolutionary take, but it seems he's out of juice- and Pixar has been for awhile too. Save Inside Out and Coco, their sequels have all been pointless endeavours and their meddling spoiled the other originals. Pixar is a far cry away from its heydays. 

You’re just being desperate only to see this fail, aren’t you, Mr. ”I will always predict so low on Blockbusters, because i never learn whatsoever”? Now i see why you fail in your predictions on Disney films.

Desperate hater back then....and still a desperate hater now.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BK007 said:

Give it a chance, seems pretty obvious that the adverts are leaving out a huge portion of the film.

But yes you're right, they are doing more sequels and rehashes. This is the disneyfication. Just compare the films made after Disney bought Pixar, to the ones before. Toy Story 3, Cars 2, Cars 3, Monsters Inc 2, Finding Nemo 2, and then you got Brave and Good Dinosaur which are just dull compared to the Pixar of old. Inside Out was the first Pixar film in over a decade to have any sense of inventiveness and character to it. Coco was pretty run of the mill but I do appreciate it's an important film in its setting, takes balls to spend tentpole money on a Mexican film.

8 hours ago, BK007 said:

While rewatching the first one, I was surprised to see that it was a lot about Helen.

I don't think the second will be horribly redundant, but I can see where that mindset comes from.

7 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

You’re just being desperate only to see this fail, aren’t you, Mr. ”I will always predict so low on Blockbusters, because i never learn whatsoever”? Now i see why you fail in your predictions on Disney films.

Desperate hater back then....and still a desperate hater now.

Think you've got the wrong person. 

49 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

Give it a chance, seems pretty obvious that the adverts are leaving out a huge portion of the film.

But yes you're right, they are doing more sequels and rehashes. This is the disneyfication. Just compare the films made after Disney bought Pixar, to the ones before. Toy Story 3, Cars 2, Cars 3, Monsters Inc 2, Finding Nemo 2, and then you got Brave and Good Dinosaur which are just dull compared to the Pixar of old. Inside Out was the first Pixar film in over a decade to have any sense of inventiveness and character to it. Coco was pretty run of the mill but I do appreciate it's an important film in its setting, takes balls to spend tentpole money on a Mexican film.

Oh, I will. I mean, I still say I'm a Pixar fan, even if I've skipped seeing some of their sequels in the cinema of late. It's just, there used to be a great animated flick every year, maybe even more than one if Dreamworks or another studio was up to it. 

But, it's been pretty lean recently and this was the only Disney/Pixar sequel that to me deserved one, and yet the story looks so pedestrian. I hope there's more to it. I mean, Coco didn't look great in its trailers, but I quite liked it. 

19 minutes ago, Morieris said:

While rewatching the first one, I was surprised to see that it was a lot about Helen.

I don't think the second will be horribly redundant, but I can see where that mindset comes from.

I can't remember fully, but I thought the whole family played their part, even if it was Mr Incredible taking the fore. 

Personally don't understand what story was left to tell at that point. 

In my mind I always envisioned a sequel taking place when the children were grown up and dealing with life at that point of time. We've had a lot of teenager/young adult heroes since 2004, but Pixar is Pixar and I trusted them to get it at the right moment. 

Anyway, I'll still see it, but I'm not hyped. Kinda just hoping it isn't as generic as it looks. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BK007 said:

Think you've got the wrong person. 

No, i’m pretty damn right, i’ve got the right person. You said $280M for Finding Dory, remember? And not once did you admit to eat crow back then. Too cowardly to admit you’re being wrong on several occasions. That’s not being smart and learning from your own mistakes.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

15 minutes ago, Alli said:

14 years since the first one. It's beloved, but do sequels to movies this old do good? we're about to find out

Finding Dory? Toy Story 3? We already did find out lol.

I also don’t really get the disappointment in this being directly after the first. Did people actually want to see Dash and Violet in their mid-20s?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nick64 said:

Finding Dory? Toy Story 3? We already did find out lol.

I also don’t really get the disappointment in this being directly after the first. Did people actually want to see Dash and Violet in their mid-20s?

A lot of people did. I’m indifferent.

2 hours ago, Mekanos said:

A lot of people did. I’m indifferent.

Strange. If they did that, sure whatever, but the close-nit family dynamic was the best part of the first. Make them adults and it becomes much harder to replicate that.

This is probably the most marketable Pixar movie ever, esp as they're going full on mass appeal with this one unlike the first

The family's faces are plastered on planes, bananas in the supermarket

They got car commercials, bleach commercials

Mother's Day, Father's Day - perfect promo spots

The movie being set in the 60s also adds a multi-generational appeal as you can see in the Supers' theme songs:

Spoiler

In the sea of superhero movies, they definitely stand out and bring something different to the table...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nick64 said:

Strange. If they did that, sure whatever, but the close-nit family dynamic was the best part of the first. Make them adults and it becomes much harder to replicate that.

It would've been the more creatively ambitious thing to do, but I can't fault Bird much for sticking with what worked before. It's easier to demand ambition when you're not the one who has to follow through on it.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1