Fancyarcher

Tuesday Estimates (Spatula): Apes (5.0), PA (3.5), Pla2 (2.3), ST (2), TF4 (1.4)

Seems internet is very costly here. They charge $60 for 16Mbps 175GB.In relative terms, it is even costlier. Per Capita yearly income is only $1500, as compared to $30,000-40,000 in US/Europe/Australia.

Here it's $89 for 15 Mbps.

Wow. I pay P1,000 or more or less $22 per month for a blazing speed of 0.75 Mbps. Dafuq.And we haven't had connection for a week. The customer service sucks whether it's via phone or Twitter. Argh.And here even if they say it's 'unlimited,' there's a limit. If you reach the allowable data usage for your plan, they will lower the already snail-like connection to 0.20 Mbps and argue that it's still unlimited but slower. That's just sad, right? lol

Thankfully, there is no FUP here. And they give 2mbps constant. I have something running in download most of the time, and I end up downloading over 200GB every month. :)Those are the benefits of a 'local' vendor. Earlier I used Airtel (the most 'reputed' vendor) and they had frakking 25GB FUP. Also my line would remain dead for days before someone came and fixed it up. So I shifted to a local vendor and now enjoy peace of mind. And when the line us down for even 30 minutes, I give a call and shout at him for a minute or so and the issue is fixed in the next 30 minutes.

Here it's $89 for 15 Mbps.

It seems we need to wait for our countries to become 'developed' before we can enjoy good speeds at a relative cheaper price.I spend 3% of my income on my internet bill and I am in the highest-paid government service. Good thing there is corruption, no? ;)
  • Like 1

Wow. I pay P1,000 or more or less $22 per month for a blazing speed of 0.75 Mbps. Dafuq.

And we haven't had connection for a week. The customer service sucks whether it's via phone or Twitter. Argh.

And here even if they say it's 'unlimited,' there's a limit. If you reach the allowable data usage for your plan, they will lower the already snail-like connection to 0.20 Mbps and argue that it's still unlimited but slower. That's just sad, right? lol

I recently switched providers and now pay less for 3 times the speed. I'm also paying less than I did for internet 10 years ago when I got 1/50th the speed and had to own a land line as well.  It really helps to have some competition in the market - monopolies will suck you dry.  Also as the top end of speeds go up as some people demand faster and faster the bottom tier ones become far more affordable

I just did a speed test. 1.75Mbps. We can only get ADSL and aren't very close to the exchange.Just tested 4G on my phone at the same location. 65.57 Mbps

Edited by DeeCee

Wednesday: Apes - 3.9 Purge - 2.57 Planes - 2.08 Sex Tape - 1.51Transformers - 1.18

Thanks spatula!Apes -23%Purge -28%Planes -11%Sex Tapes -23%Transformers -18%
  • Like 1