Fancyarcher

Thursday Estimates (RTH) Apes - 3.3, PA - 2.1, Pla2 - 2

some sharp drops

When new movies start showing at 7pm, holdover business is affected more strongly. GOTG, TMNT, Expendables 3 all seem to be starting at 7pm on Thursday. Kind of ridiculous IMO to still call them midnight numbers since of, say 10-12 shows, only 2 may be at midnight.

Lmao the Lucy Cinemascore is going to be terrible. The Twitter reactions are of utter confusion and bafflement. Lots of heads being scratched. 

Apparently all the Lucy trailers show the movie as a non stop action flick, when it really isn't. People are going to be so pissed! :lol:

Drive is a masterpiece but I remember GA being really pissed during the OW

Drive is okay.

Only God Forgives is a load of crap, though.

In any case, I wonder if Hercules will retain a higher (and Fresh!) RT score than Lucy. Kinda surprised it's managed that so far.

• Like 1

Rotten Tomatoes' consensus about Hercules proves how much the people in charge there parrot and peprpetuate the conventional fanboy narrative about Brett Ratner. In spite of the film's decent overall rating, their consensus is snarky, condescending, and ambiguous, as if they hated the idea of giving Ratner even a semi-decent review. This is why sometimes, I hate the whole fanboy hive mentality.

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 1

Drive had decent WOM. It had a x3 multiplier after all. ;)

Yeah, but remember that awful Cinemascore! It was really funny to track reactions during the OW. The toxic WOM during that days prevented a film with "masterpiece" reactions from critics to reach its full potential