Tower

Lucy OS thread - 332.2M

New totals:

Domestic:  $126,305,000    30.4%Foreign:  $288,700,000    69.6% = Worldwide:  $415,005,000

It slowed down a lot this week doing less than $3m, but should still have a few million left in existing markets. I am looking forward to seeing how it does in China.

So, do we have a date for China yet? The last I recall hearing was "near the end of October", which would be next weekend or the one after that.

It opens in China next Friday.

Edited by picores

So, a $19m opening weekend in China for $307m overseas and $434m WW.

What a great run for Lucy, totally unexpected. I think most people were expecting Limitless numbers, which would have been a perfectly good run for this kid of movie with it's low budget, but this has to be the biggest surprise of 2014, even more surprising than GOTG, which I have as a close 2nd.

• Like 5

So, a $19m opening weekend in China for $307m overseas and $434m WW.

What a great run for Lucy, totally unexpected. I think most people were expecting Limitless numbers, which would have been a perfectly good run for this kid of movie with it's low budget, but this has to be the biggest surprise of 2014, even more surprising than GOTG, which I have as a close 2nd.

Great run for Lucy, but it was recently revealed that Lucy's budget was $75-$80 million, and not the $40 M as first reported. So it's not a low budget movie, although it's run is still very impressive.

Now that I look closer, the overseas numbers for Lucy don't add up this week.

Lucy was listed as being at $288.7m last weekend after doing roughly $3m for the week.

This weekend Lucy is listed at $307.6m with the China number alone being $19m (that by itself makes the total 100k short.) and

I'm sure holdover markets must have contributed something this week. Sure, it may not be much, but every million counts.

Scarlet Johansen's popularity due to her acting ability, looks and films like Avengers , Ironman and  Captaina America, 

that movie where shes a computer, fans of her in Island and other films.. Has Cumulated

tto her finally having her own full blockbuster breakout based solidly on her own laurels.

(With some great support from Morgan Freeman of course)

Wow could creep near 500M WW off 50-70+M costs. GO SCARJO!!!

• Like 1

"As Lucy’s run winds down, the Universal weekend estimate is $150K from 300 dates in 26 territories. Combined with the EuropaCorp territories (notably China) the international weekend estimate is $6.6M for an offshore cume of $317M. The worldwide total is $443.5M."

That total must not include the weekend numbers from China.

Lucy was at 307.6m last weekend after 20.02m from China, the China number up until Saturday is 34.8m. That's another 14.8m from China with today's number still to come. Lucy definitely passed $450m WW today, but it might take a while before we get numbers that show it.

I think Lucy's run is done now and BOM finally updated the overseas run and Lucy comfortably topped $450m WW

Domestic:  $126,573,960    27.6%Foreign:  $332,200,000    72.4% = Worldwide:  $458,773,960  

That was a hell of a run for a movie that wasn't expected to be a "blockbuster". :D

• Like 3