Ash Skywalker

Mad Max: Fury Road OS Thread | $221.1m OS | $374.7m WW

That's pretty awesome for MM:FR.

The bigger question is.....how is the sequel going to do, WW-wise?

Especially since everyone loved this one.

Since China banned this movie, I say fifth Mad Max stays flat from Fury Road.

Any updates on the foreign total? Is Japan the only market still open or is Mad Max still raking in couch change in any other territories like Australia*

Japan thread has MM:FR still open (posted early 8/4) with a 12.7m total take.

From BOM:

IBO: 216M DOM: 152.2M WW: 368.2

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=furyroad.htm  (updated 7/16)

From The Numbers:

IBO: 219.5 DOM: 152.2M WW: 371.7

http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Mad-Max-Fury-Road#tab=international (updated 8/4 — but I think it was updated to 219.5m around 7/30)

Breaking 370m WW is a nice hurdle to get over. I'm still seeing industry/movie sites referring to MM's worldwide take not breaking 370m referencing those BOM numbers. I'm assuming the 219.5m is more accurate, but if anyone has anything more to add, please do. If not, this serves as a nice update anyway. 

*I've seen numbers for Australia in AUD for July 9-15th with a $21,558,971 and a figured posted on 7/31 with $21,606,347 (~ $15.87m US). The difference for those two weeks is $47,736 which converts to about $34,800 US. BOM has a total converted take of $16,071,753 US as of 7/12. The Numbers has the take as $15,777,646 as of 8/3. As it all depends on conversion rates, it's hard to pin a figure, but the BOM/Numbers figures are curious considering the updates.

• Like 1

Rth has mentioned on occasion that the Australia numbers from The-Numbers can be a bit wonky sometimes. On the other hand, I wouldn't trust BOM's international numbers at all, given their recent history.

Yeah.. I noticed the same thing with the UK as Australia since I posted this. Bigger number in US$ from mid-July on BOM and a lower US$ from the The Numbers more recently updated. Sifting through public Rentrak data as we speak. This is driving me nuts now. There are a lot of discrepancies between the sites (I think EoT has a $5m difference in total takes between the two sites). I used the Australian figures earlier from Aussie sources, but who knows if those are good either.

I guess IBO take is added weekly (daily?) using the conversion rate at the end of the weekend? I wonder if some of it is the sites using conversion rates on broad totals. I figure the Russian BO is really hard to calculate (broadly) with the ruble fluctuations. Any other good sources for accurate numbers that are easily available?

I do know that 216m is wrong because you can just look up the Japanese take since that time..