Ash Skywalker

The Goldfinch (October 11, 2019)

I liked the book alot (for 2/3rds at least I loved it) but the second I heard "Ansel Elgort" this became a no go for me. 

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I liked the book alot (for 2/3rds at least I loved it) but the second I heard "Ansel Elgort" this became a no go for me. 

I believe you are in the minority. His films have been really successful. I expect this to me make over 100M. The guy is a star

so what you're saying is while it might make Clay want to el-bort his plans to see this, his casting will actually be a big Anselling point for everyone else?

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

so what you're saying is while it might make Clay want to el-bort his plans to see this, his casting will actually be a big Anselling point for everyone else?

Congratulations @Chewy on winning Funniest Poster. 

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

idgi.gif

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

Wow, this might be the worst post I’ve read on here

At least with this movie when people inevitably say 'the book was better' I can chime back with 'no, it was shit too'.

Spoiler

I'm cool, you see.

Just got its MPAA rating (R for "drug use and language") so it's pretty much already done nearly a year in advance like A Star is Born was.

@grim22 this can be moved to the main section.

October is so crowded, but i think this could have great legs.

When do you guys think we'll see a trailer?

Why wasn't Ansel cast as Solo? Well good for him cause Solo flopped but look at this, is it Harrison Ford in ANH or is it Ansel?

ansel-elgort-west-side-story.jpg

admit it, you can't tell the difference. 

• Not Cool 2

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

October is so crowded, but i think this could have great legs.

When do you guys think we'll see a trailer?

Either Rocketman or Yesterday (both of which are summer counterprogramming for adults), probably.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Why wasn't Ansel cast as Solo? Well good for him cause Solo flopped but look at this, is it Harrison Ford in ANH or is it Ansel?

ansel-elgort-west-side-story.jpg

admit it, you can't tell the difference. 

Not a follower of Star Wars, but HF was such a handsome guy when young. no offense, but the solo guy was not even close.

25 minutes ago, Alli said:

Not a follower of Star Wars, but HF was such a handsome guy when young. no offense, but the solo guy was not even close.

that's why the casting was so puzzling. none of their candidates cut the mustard (they should've had nation-wide search instead of inviting only several already established young actors) but Alden was one of the worst among them (the other was Miles Teller). 

• Not Cool 2