Jump to content
Ash Skywalker

The Goldfinch (October 11, 2019)

Recommended Posts

I liked the book alot (for 2/3rds at least I loved it) but the second I heard "Ansel Elgort" this became a no go for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I liked the book alot (for 2/3rds at least I loved it) but the second I heard "Ansel Elgort" this became a no go for me. 

I believe you are in the minority. His films have been really successful. I expect this to me make over 100M. The guy is a star

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so what you're saying is while it might make Clay want to el-bort his plans to see this, his casting will actually be a big Anselling point for everyone else?

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoolioD1 said:

so what you're saying is while it might make Clay want to el-bort his plans to see this, his casting will actually be a big Anselling point for everyone else?

Congratulations @Chewy on winning Funniest Poster. 

  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

so what you're saying is while it might make Clay want to el-bort his plans to see this, his casting will actually be a big Anselling point for everyone else?

idgi.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

so what you're saying is while it might make Clay want to el-bort his plans to see this, his casting will actually be a big Anselling point for everyone else?

 

Wow, this might be the worst post I’ve read on here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least with this movie when people inevitably say 'the book was better' I can chime back with 'no, it was shit too'.

 

Spoiler

I'm cool, you see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got its MPAA rating (R for "drug use and language") so it's pretty much already done nearly a year in advance like A Star is Born was.

 

@grim22 this can be moved to the main section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

October is so crowded, but i think this could have great legs.

 

When do you guys think we'll see a trailer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why wasn't Ansel cast as Solo? Well good for him cause Solo flopped but look at this, is it Harrison Ford in ANH or is it Ansel?

 

ansel-elgort-west-side-story.jpg

 

admit it, you can't tell the difference. 

  • Not Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alli said:

October is so crowded, but i think this could have great legs.

 

When do you guys think we'll see a trailer?

Either Rocketman or Yesterday (both of which are summer counterprogramming for adults), probably.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Why wasn't Ansel cast as Solo? Well good for him cause Solo flopped but look at this, is it Harrison Ford in ANH or is it Ansel?

 

ansel-elgort-west-side-story.jpg

 

admit it, you can't tell the difference. 

Not a follower of Star Wars, but HF was such a handsome guy when young. no offense, but the solo guy was not even close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Alli said:

Not a follower of Star Wars, but HF was such a handsome guy when young. no offense, but the solo guy was not even close.

that's why the casting was so puzzling. none of their candidates cut the mustard (they should've had nation-wide search instead of inviting only several already established young actors) but Alden was one of the worst among them (the other was Miles Teller). 

  • Not Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.