CJohn

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil | October 18 2019 | Now on Disney+

I feel like Jolie herself as Maleficent left a much bigger cultural impact than anything from Alice in Wonderland. A google image search of "Alice in Wonderland" brings various images of the story, some of the Burton film sprinkled throughout. A google image search of "Maleficent"? Almost exclusively Jolie.

Well, the trailer looked interesting enough, some good scenes (hopefully) with Jolie in full Maleficent mode.

Kinda nervous about the storyline though. Maleficent was the first movie I watched in cinema after a long dry-spell and the first 3D-movie I ever saw so it left an impression at the time.

This one will almost certainly fail to measure up, but will give it a try of course.

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Just looked and the first film made $758m. Wow. 

Pressure is on, then. 

They marketed the first one as a princess film even though it really wasn’t. I don’t think they can get away with that again. 

The initial trailer for this was uninspiring, and I doubt the new one will be much better. That being said, if Disney can come up with a semi-original Snow White sidestory, why can't they just do the same for these other movies they're remaking? 🙄 

I'd think it'd be rather interesting to have watched Adam become Beast, as opposed than the insipid remake they gave us a few years back. I'd rather see a semi-original movie focused on Jasmine, not a bland remake of the original "Aladdin." I'd rather watch a semi-original movie - like a prequel for instance - of "The Lion King," rather than an unnecessary remake. And so on.

18 minutes ago, Alli said:

i think it will not flop that hard. Angelina is still beloved and the first one was not hated, it was more of a shrug movie.

Oprah was also beloved when AiW released, wasn't she? I think Jolie has lost her appeal because of the huge gap she took to make her own films.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Astonished 1