CJohn

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil | October 18 2019 | Now on Disney+

18 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

What the hell is this mess? It literally looks like a middle schooler's ill conceived fan fic Disney threw 200m at just cuz. 

You mean, like ALL Marvel and DC films?

This at least has universally great actors hamming it up to 9000 (3000 is such a loser number, no wonder Tony Stark died), AND is much more believable than superheroes.

So get ready to get wrecked.

• Knock It Off 5

I think it plays directly to those who enjoyed the first film, which let's not forget made 241 million domestic / 758 million worldwide.
While I don't think it can match those numbers, I do think it can still pull some strong numbers, maybe 150m domestic and 500m worldwide.

If Angelina Jolie does the promo rounds, that will really help as well. 

So, um, this moving again or nah?

===

Yes yes, point and laugh.  Wasn't paying attention to the year.  No idea what the hell got into me there.

Carry on and all that.

Edited by Porthos

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

They're a year apart. Why would they?

DAMMIT I LOOKED AT THE YEAR WRONG. NEVER MIND, 😂

I'll leave my post up in shame though.

No idea what I was thinking there.

Edited by Porthos

I wonder if this

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:51 AM, VanillaSkies said:

I think it plays directly to those who enjoyed the first film, which let's not forget made 241 million domestic / 758 million worldwide.
While I don't think it can match those numbers, I do think it can still pull some strong numbers, maybe 150m domestic and 500m worldwide.

If Angelina Jolie does the promo rounds, that will really help as well. 

Or it could be another Alice 2; a sequel that there was simply not that much interest in.

18 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Starting up the TV promotion a bit early, no?  Interesting.

Good ad, BTW.  Still optimistic about the film and I think some here are discounting it a bit too much.

Disney doesn't have anything else to promote until Frozen II so why not. Looking at August they should have left Artemis Fowl here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Disney doesn't have anything else to promote until Frozen II so why not. Looking at August they should have left Artemis Fowl here.

TLK "underperformed" domestically because Disney angered the Box Office Gods by not honoring the annual Memorial Day Weekend Death Slot Sacrifice pact.

Moving Fowl there is simply them re-establishing balance to the universe. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's a Fox leftover they scooped up as part of the acquisition and it's gonna make little anyway but they are releasing The Art of Racing in the Rain this weekend.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

A Lego Movie to Lego Movie 2 type of drop-off sounds about right for this. Imagine Disney will push it past $100M if it gets close enough thanks to Frozen 2 in its sixth weekend.

I don't know.  @Porthos and I have been chatting about it.  I think it could get away with 200M DOM.  There's just nothing else in the market for this demographic until Frozen; combine with that a boring summer for Girl Movies, and it could happen.

It also looks delightful.  I'm unironicly stanning.  

• Like 1