Jump to content
CJohn

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil | October 18 2019

Recommended Posts

yikes at the reviews. AJ deserves better roles. She's actually not a bad actress, but i swear she has the worst filmography of any A list star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alli said:

yikes at the reviews. AJ deserves better roles. She's actually not a bad actress, but i swear she has the worst filmography of any A list star.

I’d say that belongs to Will Smith personally. But yeh Jolie’s is pretty grim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jolie is almost like a female Will Smith in terms of quality control, though not as bad. Good thing she signed on to Eternals at least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s went from 29% to 40% pretty quickly but only 15 reviews.
 

The EW one has been listed as Fresh yet they called it empty, still gave it a B-. 
 

It’s early, but looks like 4/4 Rotten for the Disney live action remakes this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will Smith movies are awesome, what drugs are you on exactly ?

 

Will Smith, quality control ?

lol

That s not how it works for guys like him.

Edited by The Futurist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Will Smith movies are awesome, what drugs are you on exactly ?

 

Will Smith, quality control ?

lol

That s not how it works for guys like him.

Pretty sure he hasn’t starred in a film above 70% on RT for 20 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TMP said:

Jolie is almost like a female Will Smith in terms of quality control, though not as bad. Good thing she signed on to Eternals at least

LOL, come on man,  Jolie is there just for the paycheck. She is smart enough to know how this movie is gonna turn out. Do you honestly think she cares about quality control right now given the fame and reputation she already has?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

LOL, come on man,  Jolie is there just for the paycheck. She is smart enough to know how this movie is gonna turn out. Do you honestly think she cares about quality control right now given the fame and reputation she already has?

You can be famous and still do good movies. Just look at Pitt or DiCaprio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not that many reviews in but seems like the critical reception is similar to the first one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TMP said:

You can be famous and still do good movies. Just look at Pitt or DiCaprio

but not all famous actors are good? also Pitt just did Ad Astra last month. 

  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RealLyre said:

but not all famous actors are good? also Pitt just did Ad Astra last month. 

I don't even think Jolie or Smith are bad actors, just that they seem to do a lot of bad projects. Also maybe Astra wasn't a hit financially but it still got critical acclaim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RealLyre said:

but not all famous actors are good? also Pitt just did Ad Astra last month. 

AJ is a better actor than Pitt and DiCaprio. It's baffling that she chooses to do garbage movies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TMP said:

You can be famous and still do good movies. Just look at Pitt or DiCaprio

Shooting with the same old fillmmakers that are not being replaced by anybody.

Jolie can't have access to them since they are so few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Shooting with the same old fillmmakers that are not being replaced by anybody.

Jolie can't have access to them since they are so few.

Kidman, Amy Adams, manage just fine. And AJ is actually beloved so her movies can become hits too

Edited by Alli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Alli said:

Kidman, Amy Adams, manage just fine. And AJ is actually beloved so her movies can become hits too

Kidman shoots 5 films a year that go nowhere (minus a few recent exceptions) with mostly unknown/unrelevant filmmakers.

Amy Adams is the american auteur darling/magnet.

 

You can't force a director or producer to hire you for the project they have in mind.

If Jolie was offered more interesting projects she would do it.

Edited by The Futurist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone really expect this to get better reviews than the first one, which wasn't exactly a critical favorite in the first place? I'll still see this of course but it seems so bland beyond the hook of seeing Jolie spar with another iconic actress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

If Jolie was offered more interesting projects she would do it.

She's working with Chloe Zhao next, that's an interesting director

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TMP said:

She's working with Chloe Zhao next, that's an interesting director

so was Ryan Coogler :ph34r: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://deadline.com/2019/10/maleficent-mistress-of-evil-zombieland-double-tap-box-office-preview-1202760453/

 

 

Quote

Maleficent 2 opens in all offshore markets this weekend, including China and Japan which often go later, and it’s looking to do $115M-$125M. Here in the states, previews start at 7PM, and industry projections have the sequel to the 2014 movie at $50M (whereas some tracking firms are forecasting $45M). The first movie opened to $69.4M during the final weekend of May (after Memorial Day) off a 53% Rotten Tomatoes rating and solid A CinemaScore.  Maleficent 2 has an early RT score of 41% Rotten. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.