CJohn

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil | October 18 2019 | Now on Disney+

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

surprise Disney release 

so now the mouse has 11 releases this year :thinking:

and all Fox releases too lol. I think they are sure in Maleficent to move it to this year & in some way it suits October in theme

This is shocking. However Disney may have saved this things ass as it would’ve been clobbered in the summer. If trailers are good, I can see it benefiting from the weak November and actually doing about the same/slightly less as the original as it’s a great release date. 

Still 4 live action remakes/sequels in a year is shocking, however I actually see a very small possibility of this doing more than Aladdin.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Perhaps the reason for moving it so far forward, despite the fact that shooting was finished ages ago, is that Disney is confident in this movie?

Or maybe Disney are just trying to dominate this year even more, every little helps ya know

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

This is shocking. However Disney may have saved this things ass as it would’ve been clobbered in the summer. If trailers are good, I can see it benefiting from the weak November and actually doing about the same/slightly less as the original as it’s a great release date. 

Still 4 live action remakes/sequels in a year is shocking, however I actually see a very small possibility of this doing more than Aladdin.

That would make for a gutsy club, I think.

This is gonna be this year's Alice in Wonderland 2. I don't think anyone even remembers that first Maleficent film, this'd be like doing a sequel to Oz: The Great & Powerful this late in the game.

Just now, Alli said:

October is so crowded

Really only Joker and maybe Zombieland 2 are gonna make money. I want Gemini Man to do great, but I doubt it's gonna do much more than $70m dom tops.

Oh, this is going to be so bad :rofl:  The 1st one was terrible.

And in October, it'll be lucky to make Alice 2 numbers. If their idea is to cash in on Halloween, good luck because it's probably gonna die a painful death from November onwards. Either that or Frozen II will give it a late life.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Just now, TMP said:

Really only Joker and maybe Zombieland 2 are gonna make money. I want Gemini Man to do great, but I doubt it's gonna do much more than $70m dom tops.

The goldfinch and Woman in the window are gonna make over 100M too.  Gemini Man has potential to be big....like 200M big

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Oh, this is going to be so bad :rofl:  The 1st one was terrible.

And in October, it'll be lucky to be Alice 2 numbers. If their idea is to cash in on Halloween, good luck because it's probably gonna die a painful death from November onwards. Either that or Frozen II will give it a late life.

November is really weak until Frozen II though. I think it can survive.