CJohn

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil | October 18 2019 | Now on Disney+

3 hours ago, Rorschach said:

Looking at the cast list, I am pleased at Chiwetel Ejiofer and Ed Skrein’s addition to the ensemble. 

Other than that, yeah I’m not excited for this in the slightest.

3 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Pfeiffer being in it means I'm obligated to stan.

Oh yea, somehow I glanced over that. Definitely another great addition.

Too many people here predict movies off of their personal feelings instead of using box office reason.

The 1st movie wasn't loved here on the forums but we aren't the target audience either.  It  did well with the GA with close to 3.5 legs.

It'll do much better in Oct than battling with WW.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

So what's the reason of the move? Is Disney trying to keep the tradition of having one bomb a year?

They already have Artemis Fowl this year.

This was going to bomb anyway though regardless of date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyLL said:

Too many people here predict movies off of their personal feelings instead of using box office reason.

The 1st movie wasn't loved here on the forums but we aren't the target audience either.  It  did well with the GA with close to 3.5 legs.

I have no feelings on Maleficent as a movie as I've only seen a few minutes of it so I'm not predicting based on feelings at all. I'm very much against seriously  predicting movies based on feelings alone. Stop assuming that everyone who is predicting low numbers for a too late sequel has personal feelings involved.

I do agree that its previous release date was awful, it would have gotten murdered so they always had to move it. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

You know, checking out the Twitter reactions, while there is a fair amount of moaning (the first 'ruined' the character and all that), there also does seem to be a fair amount of stanning for the film.

I'm not saying it's going to break out, but it does seem to have a fan base.

A large enough fan base to make it worthwhile?  That remains to be seen.  But I was actually fairly surprised at the level of support for the flick.

Might not quite be DOA after all, folks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyLL said:

Agreed. I'm somewhat in the middle here. The first Maleficent has more or less faded away in popular culture imo, and hasn't stuck around the same way Jungle Book or BatB or even Cinderella did. That being said, it made freaking 750M WW.

Alice 2 bombing wasn't completely due to the first being "hated". It was also TERRIBLY marketed, and was a pretty piss-poor film if you ask me. Hopefully Disney learns from their mistake, and doesn't hold back on promotion for this to make room for Frozen. 

Am I really excited for this? No. Will I see it? If I hear it's worth checking out, sure!

Thinking something like 47/135 for this. Could do over 300 overseas as well if not more. 

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Given that it just moved up a few weeks ago we're probably gonna see a trailer released in time for Aladdin.

Either that or pair it with Endgame.