• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Absolutely fantastic and amazing film

It was hilarious and I loved all the references

The soundtrack was epic

The acting was fantastic but you would expect none the less with a cast including Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Chris Pratt, John C Reilly, Glenn Close, Benico Del Toro, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel and so so many more

The characters were really well introduced and it was easy to root for the guardians

Groot was fantastic and I love Gamora

The plot was really good

The special effects looked amazing and great

That screenplay was one of the best of the last few years as it was so funny, great and well-written

This is the best ever Marvel film after The Avengers and everyone needs to go and see it immediately 

A+

Edited by Films
  • Like 6

"They got my dick message." - Star-Lord

OK, now that I've collected (eh? eh?) my thoughts, let's do this.

First of all, the mere presence of the opening credits deserves a plus from me. It's something that has been lost and that can be used in a fun way like it was here.

There's so much to like in this movie, starting with the characters and the performances. Chris Pratt is a leading man! He was so much fun to watch and a great screen presence. The other members of the team were great too but special shout-outs go to Drax, who surprised me the most and was probably the funniest one and Yondu, who stole every scene he was in. Bravo Michael Rooker. The only one I didn't like was Karen Gillan, seriously, don't yell all the time. Oh, and Josh Brolin's voice sounds really bad-ass coming out of Thanos, can't wait to see him again. I was also looking forward to Lee Pace but he was kinda disappointing, though it wasn't his fault.

Which brings me to the problems, that are more of a Marvel in general stuff, with which I've learned to live with but that I'd like them to fix. Yes, it's the villains. Ronan was probably only a bit better than Malekith, though with this being an origin story was more bearable than in Thor 2 but I'd still like a good Marvel villain besides Loki. At least he didn't die in 2 seconds (though they had us believe he did 3 or 4 times) and when he died it advanced our characters and gave us a damn hilarious dance scene. Now I want to mention Karen Gillan and the lack of her hair once more because she sucked. One more thing is that the movie takes a bit to get going and I wouldn't mind that but it really got boring in those first 15 minutes but when it started it never stopped. I didn't even check the time once.

Anyway, performances were mostly great, the action and special effects were great (why do I even have to mention this in a Marvel movie anymore?), the directing was good, the villains were okish, the humor hit all the right notes and the music, oh my god, the music. Our hero, Kevin Bacon. Most fun I've had in the theater all year.

9/10

• Like 5

Just watched this and i can safely say it's the most fun I've ever had watching a comic book movie of all time. I'll review later. This summer is saved, WOM will propel this to a massive gross.A+

I hope it makes 300m.
  • Like 1

Absolutely fantastic and amazing film

It was hilarious and I loved all the references

The soundtrack was epic

The acting was fantastic but you would expect none the less with a cast including Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Chris Pratt, John C Reilly, Glenn Close, Benico Del Toro, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel and so so many more

The characters were really well introduced and it was easy to root for the guardians

Groot was fantastic and I love Gamora

The plot was really good

The special effects looked amazing and great

That screenplay was one of the best of the last few years as it was so funny, great and well-written

This is the best ever Marvel film after The Avengers and everyone needs to go and see it immediately 

A+

No way this is better than Captain America 2 though.. I doubt that

• Like 1

You could say that the groundwork is fairly derivative of other Space operas and even some of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but Gunn just makes the movie dance (pun sorta intended) across the entire runtime. His clear stamp is all over the movie, with its witty humor and surprisingly rich and heartfelt relationships among the five heroes, something we almost never get in most blockbusters. There's just enough fun world building and character growth to keep things in this world interesting, and even from the beginning, the film knows how to balance all of the right elements well, creating such a harmonious mix of action, humor, heart, and sheer fun that never lets go for the entire film. I wish we could have had more time to dwell on some of the other characters, especially Nebula, but this is somewhat forgivable given the excellent focus we get on the main five without causing the film to become overlong. X-Men: DofP struggled a bit more in this department, but I digress. 

If you take the right approaches, you can take any familiar story and make it truly special. Guardians of the Galaxy totally succeeds in that regard.

• Like 4

Loved it. Very very funny and sweet as can be. The ensemble is great, Star-Lord and Rocket are terrific characters and Gamora and Drax steal their fair share of scenes. But make no mistake, this is Groot's movie. People are gonna complain about the generic villains but they worked for me, by the end they're part of the joke.

Anyway, gimme dat sequel

• Like 7

it was good, maybe better than Avengers. This is the first Marvel movie (MCU) I felt something, some parts were really moving, and that's the most important thing for me. I I liked Drax and Rocket, but Gamora was the shining character and they all felt like real friends. The 3D was awesome and there were some great scenes like 

the beginning in earth, Peter saving Gamora and Peter touching the infinity stone

. A weak villain and serious scenes ruined by silly and juvenile jokes (far less this time) seems to be Marvel trademark. I didn't like Thano's look, which looked too comic-ish, and Groot trying to be funny or cute all the damn time was really annoying 80/100 a silly nitpick, I think it was too colorful.

Edited by Goffe R Swanson
  • Like 6

I thought it was great. It was funny, had great action, and it was emotional too. The opening of the movie had me in tears. Also, all 5 of the Guardians have great chemistry.

All were great, but Bautista as Drax stole the show for me. His acting wasn't great, but he has tremendous chemistry with the other 4 and had me laughing more than anyone else. 

Hail Bautista/Drax!

My only problem is that I wish that Ronan would have been more fleshed out and been a better villain. 

I would give it an.......

A(96)

• Like 3

Well that was awesome.

Hilarious. Great usage of IMAX 3D. Killer action. I need to watch again because I was laughing too damn hard. Loved every character. 

Most fun I've had at the movies since Avengers.

A+

• Like 5